Contract - Program Manager - Confidential
Our client is the largest global automotive seating supplier, with 75,000 employees operating in 230 manufacturing / assembly plants in 33 countries worldwide, producing and delivering automotive seating for all vehicle classes and all major OEM’s. From complete seating systems to individual components, their expertise spans every step of the automotive seat-making process.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Contract Program Manager (6-12 months) to be based at their site in Coventry. This role is due to start in April, and the successful contractor will define and implement program plans, budgets and schedules ensuring coordinated planning and realization of business unit product development, tooling and start-up programs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the SDT and coordinate communication and deliverables between and within functional areas (e.g. engineering/manufacturing, engineering/sales).
- Manage scope changes; communicate internally and to customer in a timely fashion to meet Cost/Time/Product/Quality targets.
- Develop, baseline and maintain the program timeline and ensure the program achieves customer milestones, internal deliverables, engineering deadlines and plant start-up.
- Meets launch performance targets.
- Ensures that suppliers are prepared for launch via Supplier Advanced Quality Planning procedure and by working closely with the Advanced Quality Engineer.
- Full responsibility for Finance and Launch execution results.
- Develop, in conjunction with other functional areas (within and across other BUs), the program cost targets (e.g. piece cost, investment, engineering budget).
- Conduct Program Reviews and Phase Exit / Gate Reviews on a regular basis, ensure participation by relevant sponsor and stakeholders, report summary program status on monthly basis and ensure program documentation in EPIC (e.g. Project File, SOW, timeline, PLUS deliverables)
The successful interim professional will be of graduate calibre with a strong background in the automotive manufacturing environment preferably within the Tier 1 supply base, JIT or OEM with demonstrable experience of delivering a successful launch. With well-honed skills in launch, program, project, engineering, commercial, customer and supplier relationship management, you will also have good knowledge of costing / estimating and quoting processes. Ford systems experience is desirable, along with flexibility in terms of travel.
A self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be persuasive, an influencer able to deliver on time, be positive and constructive whilst interacting with others, in this contract role, which may well be extended.
To apply in confidence, send your CV and current remuneration package to the retained consultant at Kendall Poole Consulting – Helen Regan, Account Manager quoting HR-CPM-2331 or call the office. Successful candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80015016