Deputy Managing Director
Our client is one of the country's leading privately owned haulage companies. With over 40 years' experience and a network of locations they are a major provider of haulage, distribution and logistics services throughout the UK and Ireland. The company is a series of niche businesses, that includes, multi drop/groupage/warehousing/in house contracts/commercial vehicle deliveries full loads/groupage to Ireland. Their experienced and motivated staff combined with modern IT and fleet, provide their customers with superior service and economy in all their logistics needs. Due to the business growing at a rate of 10% per annum, there is now a requirement for a Deputy Managing Director to join the senior management team.
Due to the business growth, the Deputy Managing Director will be a true number two to the current Managing Director. Based at the Warwick or Warrington depot, the successful candidate will immediately contribute to the business running from day one. Whilst it is expected that the role will evolve over time, it will include running parts of the business, and deputizing for the Managing Director in his absence.
To be considered for this role, you MUST be currently working in the road haulage industry and doing a similar role.
- To fully understand and manage a diverse haulage business,
- Run and operate the business, both operationally and commercially.
- Show an interest in the business and an understanding of its environment; customers, competitors, and suppliers.
- Apply a strong numeracy/commercial approach, demonstrating a full understanding of the economics, the benefits, and commercial realities of the business, including how to price for profit.
- Manage and motivating employees to further develop their strengths and provide constructive feedback, by applying a culture that recognises the individual character traits.
- Represent the company in customer meeting when required.
- Able to hold their own with strong personalities and strictly comply with company policies (which they will be involved in agreeing)
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will be capable of running one of our niche businesses both commercially and operationally on day one.
- Strong commercial numerate capability, including financial understanding
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally.
- Structured and organised approach to work.
- Ability to motivate and positively lead individual people and teams
- IT literate
- Can demonstrate a positive attitude to delivering difficult tasks and issues
- On call 24/7
- Used to significant travel