Strategic Planning Analyst
Strategic Planning Analyst needed, corporate business, based in Rugby, Up to GBP35,000 plus bonus and benefits.
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are working in partnership with this large Global business, based in Rugby, to recruit a Strategic Planning Analyst. The Strategic Planning function has a mandate to define, execute and control the overall business strategy. Its role is to identify and seize strategic value creation opportunities; prioritisng deployment of financial resources and assist business units through strategic analysis. The role of the Strategic Planning Analyst is to support the strategy formulation and implementation process and participate in individual projects, applying logical and creative thinking to provide fact-based insights. The role is responsible for participating in the development and execution of Strategic Planning projects, ensuring that the targets of the projects are achieved on time and within budget.
Your new role
- Provide analytical capability to the Strategic Planning team to support projects executing this work to a high level of accuracy and to agreed timescales and standards.
- Assist the Strategic Planning team in the development of Excel models including scenario and sensitivity analyses to aid decision making.
- Develop ad hoc analytical requests according to agreed standards and following consistent guidelines.
- Develop tactical and operational implementation plans which will include responsibility allocation and milestones.
- Perform assigned responsibilities as part of the implementation team of specific projects.
- Keep track of projects progress against milestones and targets set.
- Having a commercial mindset, including staying on top of industry, competitive and innovation trends.
- Act as a creative idea-generator able to apply critical thinking, analytical, influencing and communication skills.
- Develop project specific problem-solving hypotheses and test them using data analytics.
- Ensure integrity, reliability and accuracy of the data being used.
- Build a deep knowledge of what data is available, where it is stored and how best to access it.
- Ensure the collation of data from across the business to agreed timescales and standards.
- Provide support in the preparation of information systems, excel files and PowerPoint slides
- Provide support with monthly forecasting.
- Assisting in investor relations and intellectual property activities.
- Ensure excellent working relationships with internal customers, suppliers and stakeholders by delivering clear, reliable and timely outputs.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally have experience in a business, corporate or controllership role involving KPI & financial reporting and/ or business analysis. You will also have the ability to handle data manipulation and present in simple format, with advanced Excel skills.
You will be able to apply a commercial mindset and solid analytical skills to problem solving challenges with the knowledge of basic accounting concepts and financial indicators and how they are calculated. You will possess strong analytical and investigative skills to solve problems and develop innovative solutions, experienced in supporting project implementation and data manipulation.
What you'll get in return
As well as a basic salary of up to GBP35,000, you will also receive a discretionary bonus, 31 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, defined contribution pension scheme, free parking and the opportunity to develop. Although based in Rugby there may be some travel required around the UK and occasional overnight stays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.