Responsibilities (not exhaustive):
PRODUCT & CATEGORY STRATEGY
• Assist the product management team in a broad variety of marketing activities such as providing support in translating consumer and customer understanding, briefing in assets, creating copy, claims and helping organise samples and other presentation materials.
• Conduct analysis and review of the market, our customers, and competitors using various tools such as GFK data, competitor intelligence, store visits, research and insights.
• Consumer led innovation and development is central to our business. Therefore, the job holder will assist the Product Management team in championing the Customer internally and driving category growth based on consumer insight, leading to positive changes in customers' purchase behaviour.
• Assisting in category analysis / reporting findings to the Product team and wider business will be a pivotal part of the role so strong excel & analytical skills will be essential.
• Ensure the maintenance of compelling and accurate key documents such as the MRD (Market Requirements Document).
• Support the Product Management team on range architecture, product propositions, pricing and promotional strategy, forecasting and updating NPD roadmaps. GO TO MARKET
• Brief the studio with required Marketing assets needed to support the 'Go to Market' plans.
• Support senior Product Management team in marketing plans and initiatives for the Product and/or category.
• Help to create copy as agreed on a case by case basis with the Product Management team.
TRADING & MAXIMISING PERFORMANCE
• Supporting Product Management team with key processes and meeting cycles, assisting with key tasks for senior meetings including bi-annual EMEA Product Summit review etc.
• Organise samples and help prepare presentation decks for internal and external presentations.
• Analyse / interpret EPOS/Sales out data and provide insight to Product Management team.
• Work closely with Programme Management and creative teams to deliver all relevant product collateral (graphics, packaging artwork and user guides).
• Work closely with Customer Marketing/Trade team to ensure we have relevant assets and copy to engage customers at the point of purchase and create a point of difference.
• Work at a cross functional level with all functions across the business including Sales, Programme Management; Marketing Services, Design, R&D, NPI and Supply Chain in order to execute successful initiatives and key tasks.
Experience and Education required:
• Experience in a fast paced business environment Brand/Product Management setting desirable, preferably gained from a sandwich year placement.
• A degree in Business or Marketing preferred (but not essential).
• PC Skills - competent user of MS Office, Word, Excel intermediate to advanced, PowerPoint
• Experience of presenting information to a broad audience.
• Passion for Brands, Marketing, Products, Consumer Insight.
• A creative and inquisitive mind and someone who wants to 'understand how products work'.
• Analytical, commercial and financially astute.
• A genuine desire to excel in a fast paced commercial environment.
• Able to cope with the demands of the job and run at pace i.e. time pressures, workloads etc.
• Ability to work cross functionally, communicate, influence and collaborate effectively.
• Organised and methodical - pays attention to detail.
• Driven, self-starter - Personally drives things through with a 'can do' attitude is essential.
• UK travel required - customer visits and competitor / store checks.
• Ideally hold a driver's license.