Operational Risk Manager
Are you looking for a fantastic new role within a fast paced and busy environment where you can grow and develop? Do you have experience within debt collection with a great knowledge of the rules and regulations including FCA and DPA? We have an Operational Risk Manager role that could be perfect for you! If it sounds like you then please do apply!
The role of Operational Risk Manager is to deliver operational compliance with regulatory, legislative and client requirements which include FSA, Ofcom and CSA requirements as well as data protection and anti-money laundering legislation.
- Ensuring all information required by the Financial Conduct Authority is supplied within the set timescales and that Approved Persons are compliant with obligations set by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Ensure incidents are properly investigated and that a proper record is maintained to be reported on to the Compliance, Operational and IT meeting.
- Respond to complaints that are received and deliver appropriate responses within set timescales and implement remediesto avoid repetition of complaint clause.
- Respond to requests for information under the Data Protection Act and requests to delete information
- Carrying out checks on new business loads including conflict checks on new matters against the firm's data base.
- Manage the Quality Assurance process including line management of the Quality & Compliance Assistant.
- Calibrate calls for agents eligible for a bonus and review all account challenges; as well as deliver effective remedies in areas of non-compliance.
- Review workflows within the debt recovery unit to ensure they are kept compliant with up to date regulatory standards.
- Preparing for client audits and due diligence requests by completing pre-audit documentation requested and liaising with the client on the day of the audit and implementing remediation on recommendations made.
- Updating training material to ensure it is compliant with legislation and work with the operations team to delivering training.
- Performing due diligence on new and existing suppliers and undertaking onsite and remote audits.
- Drive, challenge and deliver effective operational controls that achieve compliant operations.
- Periodic reviews of all standard processes including customer communications ensuring we are compliant and processes are working effectively.
- Monthly sessions with Team Leaders, Managers and agents to ensure consistency of marking and that the agents are aware of expectations
- Pro-actively manage and implement changes such as for the introduction of the pre-action protocol.
Apologies if we can't get back to you due to the high volume of applications but should you be suitable we shall get in touch. Thanks so much.