Our client provide specialist education, care and community support for the most complex, vulnerable and hard to place young people and adults. Their services work with people with autism, mild to severe learning difficulties, mental health and challenging behaviour. They operate schools, care homes and community support packages predominantly across the East and West Midlands area and North Wales.
Position: Group Recruitment Officer
Location: Rowden House School, Bromyard, Herefordshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Benefits: Pension, assistance programme, sponsored qualifications, training and development plan and childcare voucher scheme.
Closing date: 8th June 2018
Interviews: 14th June 2018
About the role:
The Recruitment Officer will increase the volume and speed of recruitment across the Group and specifically to conduct the key recruitment checks required for staff to be able to work with vulnerable groups.
- Creation and control of all recruitment related administration including reference checking, interview schedules and sending out invites / regret letters and setting up new starter files
- Ensuring criminal record checks, health checks and declaration forms are completed, informing the HR Officer of any problems
- Getting new starter files to the stage where the worker can start work without delay
- In the absence of the Recruitment Manager, plan and lead on recruitment campaigns and adverts
- Post regular adverts across relevant job boards for all locations, liaise with those interested and pass on to locations once interest is secured
- Trawl relevant CV libraries and databases for all locations
- Regularly visit each location and work closely with HR Officers, HR Advisors and Registered Managers to understand the local area recruitment challenges and the details of the vacancies to be filled
- Attend and set up recruitment fairs across all location areas as relevant, organising promotional material in good time
- Participate in face to face interviews as appropriate
- Internet savvy with a sound knowledge of current social media trends and pages
- Confident and willing to 'cold call’ prospective applicants
- Demonstrable, sound interview skills with the ability to develop competency-based interview questions and use alternative interview methods such as Skype
- Computer literate with a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent administrator with over 12 months office experience
- Experienced in meeting regular deadlines
- Own means of transport and the ability to travel to all locations and other areas of the UK
- Legal to work in the UK
- Trained in interviewing skills
- Experience of booking and monitoring online recruitment advertising campaigns
- Experience in negotiating better advertising and recruitment fee rates
- Safer Recruitment trained
- Experienced in managing the recruitment cycle (from advert to appointment)
- Experienced in Right to Work checks
- Previous work experience in a care or education setting and knowledge of the recruitment challenges the sector faces
You may have experience of the following: Recruitment Officer, Recruitment Assistant, Recruitment Consultant, Recruiter, Resource Assistant, Resource Executive, Resourcer, Rec Con, Recruitment Administrator, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.