Branch Manager, Civils, Drainage, Heavy-Side Building Materials
Branch Manager, Civils, Drainage, Heavy-Side Builders Merchants
Branch / Depot Manager with trade sector experience in civils, underground drainage or heavy side building materials required for one of the UKs leading national builders' merchants at their highly successful branch in Stoke, Staffordshire. Salary up to GBP45,000, plus bonus (up to 35% of salary), company vehicle and national company benefits.
About the company
Our client is the UKs leading supplier of specialist civils, drainage and heavy building materials with a network of over 60 branches nationwide.
Regarded as experts in their field they supply an extensive range of hard landscaping products, street furniture, linear drainage and water management products.
What's the opportunity?
Working closely with your Assistant Branch Manager and Area Directors, as Branch Manager your role is to continually improve the profitable sales and margins within the branch, as well as developing a highly customer focused, results driven team.
With a company philosophy of providing expertise and excellence in all that they do our client is looking for a truly dynamic Manager who excels at building and developing strong and profitable commercial relationships.
What will I be doing?
As Branch / Depot Manager you will have complete responsibility for the day to day management of a highly successful branch with a head count of 13 staff and an annual turnover in excess of GBP4 million.
Primary responsibilities are driving the continued growth of the business, including profit & loss responsibility, staff development and coaching and ensuring that health and safety is adhered to at all times. You will be commercially astute with a proven ability to influence staff members and drive sales.
What skills do I need?
- Proven experience of branch management within the merchant sector
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Strong knowledge of civils, drainage and heavy side building materials
- Successful track record of branch management within the construction supply sector
Our client is a recognised Investor in People with staff development, training and recognition at the forefront of their business. The package includes:
- Starting salary of up to GBP45,000 dependent upon experience
- Strong performance related bonus structure (up to 35% of salary)
- Company vehicle
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Pension contributions
- Excellent opportunities for training and career development
If you'd like to know more apply online now and we'll be in touch to discuss the role.