Macildowie are recruiting for a Commercial Manager for a Market leading Architectural company. My client operates across multiple sectors, delivering a comprehensive range of innovative Off-Site Solutions, operating in the MOD, Residential, Commercial, Retail, Hotel, Student Accommodation, Custodial and Education sectors. As a Commercial Manager the successful candidate will be responsible to lead the post contract surveying functions for the business, being based at our factory and head office in Newark, with the requirement to visit clients and site as necessary. The Commercial Manager will report to the Commercial Director and will carry out the duties and responsibilities as described further below.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting to the Commercial Director and as part of the senior management team, you will have commercial responsibility for a large portfolio of contracts, managing a team of Quantity Surveyors and commercial staff.
- You will manage all commercial elements of projects from bid support including contractual reviews and risk appraisals, contract terms, costs, and subcontractors, ensuring subcontract accounts are managed by QS's within budgets and final accounts are signed and agreed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for achieving the commercial objectives and targets for all contracts from order through to final account agreement.
- To identify and manage risks associated with each contract through detailed assessment and maintaining risk registers.
- Effective liaison with directors and senior managers identifying and reporting commercial information.
- Collation, analysis and presentation of monthly CVR contract reports, including cash forecasting, risk and opportunity analysis, variation accounts and contractual status.
- Financial, contractual and legal control of contracts and sub-contract /consultant activities. Strong contractual and legal knowledge to ensure all necessary notices are served promptly and the company's position is safeguarded.
- Ability to lead from the front and motivate / influence others to exceptional performance.
- Experience in dealing with conflicting service and management priorities and making sound strategic recommendations.
- Excellent analysis and reporting skills to inform decision makers.
- Implement the company's commercial policies
- Successfully manage contractual dispute resolution both up and down stream.
- Form relationships with clients/PQS/Consultants/supply chain.
- Deliver and improve on margin / EBITDA expectations
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Experience of liaising/negotiating with client representatives and staff at a senior level.
- With first class communication skills, you will have excellent pre and post contract commercial expertise with the relevant management experience.
- You will have a proven record of accomplishment gained within the main contracting arena, with good knowledge of the using JCT and NEC3 type contracts terms and conditions, and their legal and operational mechanisms.
- Dealing with Subcontract disputes and ensuring payment notices are in place and in line with current legislation.
- A good knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Commercially astute and results driven.
- Excellent IT and mathematical skills.
- A methodical approach to work with good organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at .
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.