Technical Manager / Senior Metallurgist - GBP40,000 - GBP45,000 + Benefits
Technical Manager / Senior Metallurgist - GBP40,000 - GBP45,000 + Benefits - Walsall
This is superb opportunity to join an established multi-million pound turnover and successful engineering business who supply into the automotive sector amongst others.
We are seeking an experienced Chief Metallurgist (Technical Manager/R & D Manager / Quality Manager) that has experience of working with steel castings. You will be accountable for all melting operations across a two-shift basis. You will work with other key managers within the business, including the Quality & Technical team to drive product quality and assist with scrap reduction projects. You will establish, monitor KPIs and drive maximum throughput for melting. You will ensure compliance of metallurgical operations to the internal QMS system as well as external accreditation (ISO 9001/TS16949/IATF)
The successful candidate will have -
- A strong steel melting /casting background and a solid understanding of the physical metallurgy, chemical composition and solidification patters of iron-based alloys.
- Ideally a Degree within Materials Science & Engineering or Mechanical & Materials Engineering or Metallurgy or similar.
- Ideally experience of working within a high automotive manufacturing environment but not essential
- Problem solving skills and the ability to manage
- Understanding of quality accreditation standards (IATF knowledge would be an advantage)
- Knowledge and application of improvement tools and techniques - LEAN, Six Sigma, error proofing, SPC.
- Ideal candidate will already be working within a senior Metallurgist role, or R & D Manager, or Quality Manager or Technical Manager.
In return, you will be joining a driven and growing business that can offer you long term career progression.
This is an urgent role, therefore please do not delay your application.