Full Time Role based in Kingswinford, West Midlands
Travel required – UK & InternationalSalary is negotiable plus benefitsSimworx RoboCoaster Ltd is a UK company and operates from a modern facility in Kingswinford, West Midlands. Europe’s leading provider of 4D theatre and amusement ride motion systems and audio-visual technology, Simworx are currently engaging in an exciting period of expansion and new product introductions to a global market.
Job SummaryBased in the UK you would be responsible for running all aspects of multiple project deliveries for a key account in the Far East including heading a divisional office comprising of commercial and technical teams, with the objective of ensuring all projects are delivered using a formally recognised project delivery approach and are delivered within the agreed scope, timescale, cost and to the best quality.The role is expected to provide strong leadership and to promote best practices in managing interrelated projects and programmes. This role will ensure project resources have the correct toolsets and processes in place with all relevant staff trained and equipped to deliver successfully.The successful candidate will provide expert knowledge, support and monitoring of progress and report accurate project status to the Simworx Board. Strong project or programme management with excellent commercial and organisational skills are fundamental, as is the ability to liaise with people at all levels of the organisation. The continued development and on-going iteration of the Simworx’s project delivery processes is a key part of the role.
RequirementsA degree qualified candidate with a recognised formal project management qualification (PMP/APMP/Prince2/P30 or equivalent) is desirable.
Due to the seniority of this role the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate their previous experience working within a senior project management function at a senior level.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- Successfully developed project/programme management and planning skills.
- Ability to manage a range of projects types, complex business initiatives and change programmes.
- Ownership of an organisation’s Project Delivery Approach, its implementation, establishment and iteration.
- Successful experience of providing input to organisational business planning and budget planning.
- Good understanding of performance management tools to deliver business objectives.
- Team management experience with the ability to manage and motivate management teams.
- Managing commercial customer relationships.
- Using prioritisation matrices to support the business to determine appropriate project prioritization.
- Ability to juggle different projects/priorities and deliver high-quality outcomes under pressure.
- Capability to provide timely, accurate and relevant project and portfolio reporting as agreed.
- Experience of resource planning against the prioritised portfolio of projects and ability to work with the business to manage project resource needs.
- Capability to track project benefits realisation and lessons learnt activities to feed into on-going improvements.
- Ability to monitor and report on budgets.
- Advanced IT skills in relation to Word, PowerPoint, Excel and MS Project or another project planning tool.
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching the management team.
- Contribute to organisational business and budget planning process.
- Contribute to the management, operation and performance of the Business; to ensure it meets its targets and supports the delivery of organizational and strategic goals.
- Proactively engage with Directors and senior managers to identify opportunities for the business.
- Manage the day-to-day activities in the Divisional Project Office (DPO).
- Manage the DPO team and provides performance feedback and goal-setting; conducts annual performance assessments and skill development and training.
- Manage the administration for project submissions and approvals through the agreed prioritisation and approval process, maintaining a pipeline of approved projects.
- Ensures a clear and consistent approach is in place to manage risk with alignment to the Finance & Business risk registers and the Corporate risk register.
- Collate qualitative and quantitative information on project performance for the preparation and production of project reports for internal management purposes.
- Work closely with Business Services teams (as well as internal and external project partners where appropriate) to devise, develop and deliver appropriate and proportionate systems to evaluate key activities at a project level.
- Provide advice and support to project partners on how project evidence and information has to be presented and reported.
- Ensure that information recorded in both electronic and hard copy meets with internal and external audit standards.
- Ensure detailed project, implementation or actions plans are created for the duration of each project as appropriate.
- Ensure projects have requirements documented and agreed to ensure that project activity meets agreed project objectives.
- Ensure monitoring of progress against all projects is timely and accurate and enables Sponsors and stakeholders have visibility and sufficient information to make the required decisions.
- Run or attend (as appropriate) Project Boards or Steering Groups.
- Ensure risks, issues and dependencies are recorded, monitored and proactively managed to minimise any disruption to our successful delivery.
- Participate in project reviews, approvals, and gating processes.
- Ensure the appropriate and relevant level of testing is in place for all projects e.g. system, regression, UAT with stakeholder sign-off as part of the management process.
- Produce agreed levels of Portfolio reporting on all projects being delivered or within the oversight of the DPO.
- Deliver an effective and timely schedule of project communications liaising with the relevant Sponsors and stakeholders.
- Be an advocate of the organisations Project Delivery Approach.
- Scope and shape the requirements of the Project Delivery Approach across the organisation working closely with the Operations Director.
- Devise, produce and implement new systems and processes to optimise more effective project management as required and within the framework of the organization’s Project Delivery Approach.
- Own the DPO central repository of documentation and processes including the PMToolkit.
- Ensure standardised and relevant document templates are available from a central repository for both the DPO and business project team members.
- Facilitate sharing of best practices e.g. DPO collaboration and/or formal training sessions, creating a consistent approach across all projects.
- Champion knowledge transfer and lessons learnt activities.
- Liaise closely with business teams to ensure accurate & robust budget monitoring against project plans.
- Ensure a robust process of notification/escalation and appropriate approval is in place to report on both underspend and potential overspend.
- Prepare, or assist with, tender specifications for external commissioning of work packages to deliver components of a project.
- Track and monitor benefits realisation against planned targets.
- Ensure post project reviews are in place and include lessons learnt exercises which identify both positive and negative outcomes to be actioned.
There are numerous projects, some of which are inter-related within the Business Division. Therefore, to effectively work across all projects, the successful candidate will need to liaise with other members of the Senior Management Team, the Executive team, and the Chairman.
- This post is a Head of Division within Operations; contributing to its performance within the organisation and its strategic objectives; as well as the wider organisational senior management team
- This post oversees multiple activities at any one given time
- There is budget responsibility attached to this post
- There are people management responsibilities to this post
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81759634