Our client is an award winning, quality focussed Developer with ambitious growth plans across the Midlands.
Due to continued growth this expanding developer have commissioned us to partner with them to source a proven deal maker and leader within the residential sector within the newly created role of Land Director.
You will be responsible for all land purchase activity by contributing to and overseeing the ultimate acquisition of quality development locations across the region in order for land targets to be met, and for ensuring that the maximum contribution is achieved from all land purchases.
As Land Director, your hands on detail-conscious approach will ensure the successful acquisition of land from initial identification through evaluating viability and securing sufficient land for quality residential development, on the most cost-effective basis. The land needs to be a mixture of current sites as well as securing a long-term land bank through strategic sites.
- Work effectively as a part of the senior management team and take a ‘whole company’ perspective to managing issues.
- Promote and develop the brand within the Divisional operating area.
- Maintain a high profile and effective working relationships with local authorities, local agents and land owners for managing the division’s land function to ensure best practices are followed and costs are controlled.
- Maximise revenue generation and contribution to the division’s operating profit and increases the value added to the division.
- Act as a conduit between the land and other internal departments to ensure that opportunities are optimised, and effective working relationships are developed to assist in the land acquisition process.
- With responsibility for site appraisals, ensure that acquisition proposals are presented in an objective and professional manner, with required input from other departments and in line with group procedures.
- In liaison with the Technical department, responsible for the appointment of external professionals and consultants in relation to the site appraisal.
- Responsible for all land purchase activity.
- Devise and implement an appropriate Divisional Land strategy for current activity as well as future growth.
This is a hugely exciting newly-created role with the very real opportunity to progress into a Managing Director level role within the near future.
Our client is a highly respected, progressive employer and is looking for an ambitious individual with strong leadership capabilities and demonstrable success in land acquisition.
You will be a natural deal maker with first class communication and negotiation skills but also have a high level of integrity and honesty and be able to demonstrate a full working understanding of the planning process as well as producing accurate and detailed development feasibility reports.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81817337