Prototype BIW & Paint Lead
Randstad Engineering are currently looking for a Prototype BIW & Paint Leader to work for a leading car manufacturer based in the West Midlands.
This role is based in Wellesbourne. You will be required to supervise the everyday running of Prototype Paint, Tubs/BIW build and the BIW machine shop.
- Supervision of Prototype Paint, BIW/Tubs Build facility and BIW machine shop (including 3D print and vac-cast) ensuring that all activities are carried out effectively and accurately
- Manage the Pre-Production activities working with engineering, parts supply team and the tooling design team to ensure that all activities are performed in a timely manner
- Generate reports and present build readiness status, paint schedules and other pertinent information at all levels of the business
- Be the single point of contact for all Prototype BIW/Tubs build and machine shop issues taking responsibility for identifying and implementing required solutions
- Plan the flow of PWR's through the department ensuring that all customers are kept up to date with timing and delivery status
- Compile financial cross charging information for all Vac-Cast and 3D Printed parts and ensure that all materials are allocated to the relevant programme.
- Manage overtime and ensure that the weekly overtime requests are submitted in full
- Oversee area time sheets and sign off all hours using the time management system
Key Skills & Experience:
- Educated to HND / Degree level (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Machining and BIW / Tubs manufacture
- Excellent knowledge of Bill of Material structures
- Experience of supervising a team of individuals
- Extensive knowledge of prototype build processes
- Experience of working within guidelines to specified tolerances
- Highly computer literate with excellent excel capabilities
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Highly organised with good leadership skills
- Confident individual with strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Excellent people management skills
- Able to build up good working relationships across a wide area of the business
The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company's objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81819500