Assistant Technical Manager - Personal care / Household
Science Solutions are recruiting for an Assistant Technical Manager / Senior Chemist for a leading manufacturer of personal care, cosmetic and household products.
The role will involve working from NPD through to process implementation, liaising with technical, marketing, procurement and production teams.
- Develop novel formulations, across personal care and household areas
- Generate new product ideas and concepts, conducting regular market reviews to identify gaps in the market that the company could fill
- Monitor the environmental and regulatory landscape to ensure the company are at the forefront of regulatory compliant sustainable products
- Identify and evaluate new preservative systems
- Working with development, operations and sales department when required to provide technical assistance
- Support technical lab staff when required, this includes covering stability testing and sample requests
- Arrange and help assist factory trials. This will involve liaising with operations, QA, production, planning and warehouse to ensure trial materials are available and the trials are planned in.
- Obtain samples and related information from chemical and substrate suppliers.
- Supports new product development and commercialisation activities
- Manage the inventory of trial chemicals and their timely disposal, ensuring SDS for lab materials are collected, filed and updated as required.
- Implement and maintain COSHH within the development lab
- Support the Quality Team in creating and approving chemical and non-woven specifications
- Coordinate meetings with suppliers regarding trends, NPD and cost saving programs
- Domestic and occasional global travel
Knowledge and experience:
- Experience in New Product Development and Project Management
- Science Degree
- Computer literate experience using Office, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of GLP/GMP, COSHH and safe lab practices.
- Must be self-motivated, mature in attitude and able to work unsupervised.