Assistant Village Manager - Later living village
Assistant Village Manager
Working closely with the Village Manager you will ensure the village is beautifully presented, is outstanding in its performance, service style, profitability and growth and continually strive to build strong relationships with both our internal customers and the wider community.
Day to day accountabilities
- You will be responsible for managing and assisting front of house service. Dealing with our customers confidently working hard to ensure a speedy resolution whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Reporting maintenance issues quickly and clearly to the maintenance team or where necessary to the appropriate contractor.
- Provide detailed information about the Village, its facilities and services to both existing and prospective residents.
- Along with the Housekeeping Supervisor, develop a program of cleaning.
- Support the Chef Manager and assist in the recruitment of staff and develop a staff Rota
- Collaborate with the Village Manager to produce residents' information packs and regular bulletins on Village matters using a variety of communication methods.
- Assist in the development and promotion of events and activities schedule, supporting the Receptionist/Administrator in any ticket sales.
- In the event of out of hours emergencies at the Village to attend if needed and/or requested and participate in an on call Rota.
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors where necessary and ensure that goods and services are supplied to the required standard and within budgets.
- Working with the Finance Team you will be responsible for the preparation and delivery of quarterly service charge invoices and for ensuring that residents' arrangements for payment are correct.
- Keep accurate and secure account of the petty cash float and if required takings and floats, preparing and making banking as necessary.
- Oversee and ensure that the administrative processes associated with employment are carried out in line with company policy and statutory obligations.
- Working with our central resourcing team you will assist in the selection and recruitment of staff including the organizing of their induction training.
- Ensure the adequate recording and reporting of Health & Safety at work in line with company and statutory requirements.
- Be aware of and report any security risks posed within the Village.
- Assist with Risk Assessments for the building and activities and Emergency Planning.
- Where necessary to supervise any contractors employed within the Village.
- To take all possible steps to safeguard the welfare and safety of residents, staff and visitors.
- Participate in Village training events, and, where appropriate, provide education and information to other members of staff.
- To maintain first aid knowledge and help provide a first aid service to residents, staff and visitors.
You will need.
- An strong background in mid level management preferably in the later living care sector
- Be a confident leader with strong commercial and networking skills, and the ability to manage a large team with an open, approachable personality
- Be passionate about maintaining the highest quality of services and standards
Qualifications and Experience.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with a health or management related qualification
Based at our luxury site in Great Alne benefits include a pension and healthcare scheme & 25 days annual holiday entitlement.