Senior Planner - General Construction
£60-75k + Package
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for an experienced Senior Planner to join a successful main contractor in the West Midlands. The main purpose of this role is to have responsibility for preparing and planning, for both pre contract and post contract, both new build and /or refurbishment works in accordance with company policy, procedures and quality standards. Your main areas of responsibility can be broken down into the following four areas.
- To ensure plans are delivered in a manner which enhances and maintains the company's name and reputation for quality
- Be part of the bid team with will involve presentations
- To ensure that the procedures identified in both the health and safety policy and quality manual are fully implemented.
- To ensure the completion of plans within programmed time and that client expectations are met
- To ensure profitable execution of work
- To represent the company in dealing with clients or their agents, external and internal customer's and professional staff in a manner that enhances the company's reputation
The ideal candidate will have an established background in planning and be used to dealing with low and high-value tenders. You should will be qualified to HND or above and will have experience of site construction, construction planning and construction site coordination.
Experience of using Primavera and or Microsoft Project (Not Essential) and excellent IT skills would also be advantageous and coupled with knowledge of planning methodology.
The ideal candidate will preferably be from a building background and have a working knowledge of current legislation, Approved Codes of Practice and industry trends, as well as knowledge of Health and Safety and CDM regulations would be advantageous.
On Offer to the suitable candidate will be a competitive salary in the region of £60-75k + package.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81864729