Team Leader - Water Microbiology
We are the world leader in environmental and food testing, offering an exciting opportunity as a Team Leader - Water Microbiologyto join our expanding team based in Wolverhampton and be part of our growing business.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the laboratory operates to the defined quality and technical, and health, safety and environmental standards at all times. The role holder will be required to supervise the team and will also require coordinating registration of samples, ensuring all samples are filtered or processed within stability and all plate reading and confirmations have been completed on time.
A role at Eurofins is all about team work and working towards a common goal to ensure the health and safety of us all.
- Day to Day supervision of the Water Microbiology Laboratory, including deputising for the Laboratory Manager in their absence
- Ensure all samples have been registered correctly and prioritise registration according to sample date and time
- Ensure all samples are processed within stability time informing Laboratory Manager immediately if any issues arise
- Ensure plates are read and confirmation tests are carried out/read on time
- Carry out reading and confirmation of plates
- Ensure all results are entered onto LIMS on time and results are approved
- Issue exception reports and final results certificates on rotation with the Laboratory Manager to cover weekdays and the weekend
- Communicate any operational issues, equipment faults or failures immediately and directly to Laboratory Manager
- Ensure laboratory has adequate stock of consumables and place orders for consumables where required
- Set up of IQC/EQA samples- performing root cause investigations on any failures obtained
- Set up of environmental monitoring - performing root cause investigations on any failures obtained
- Non-conforming work investigations
- Ensure all team members are performing duties/tests to the specified quality and technical standards
- Knowledge of Laboratory Quality Manual in order to ensure compliance at all times with the policies, procedures and associated documents which are referred to in the manual.
- Assist Laboratory Manager in driving the laboratory forward through continuous improvement and deliver best practice in order to meet the requirements of ISO 17025 and maintain UKAS Accreditation
- Communicate with clients regarding any issues that may impact their samples, keeping the Water Customer Services and Account Management team informed
- Handling of client queries where required
What We Are Looking For
Alongside qualifications and experience, we look for people who believe in what we believe in. People who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team who provide "results that matter"inestablishing the safety, composition, authenticity and origin of our food and water.
- Qualifications in Microbiology or related subjects
Practical knowledge of commercial laboratory operation
Knowledge and understanding of all water microbiology analyses and knowledge of ISO 17025 and UKAS accreditation
2 to 3 years experience of carrying out testing within a water microbiology laboratory
Ability to demonstrate people management and team management skills
Effective communication skills both written and oral.
Ability to organise and delegate to a team
Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories with over EUR 3 billion annual sales and over 30,000 employees with a network of 400 laboratories in 42 countries.
Eurofins has a network of 16 sites in the UK and the Group provides an unparalleled range of over 150,000 reliable and validated analytical methods and support services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer product industries, and to governments.