Senior HR Advisor
Page Personnel are recruiting for an immediately available Senior HR Advisor to be based in the borough of Telford in Shropshire within an educational organisation in the public sector. The role is an asap start opportunity initially for 1-2 months but may get extended.
The client is a long standing and reputable education organisation that can offer their own parking facilities, a fantastic location to work, catering facilities, and a friendly and supportive team of 6 people with the HR function.
Key duties of the Senior HR Advisor will include but are not limited to; Maintain knowledge of key employment legislation, draft policies and procedures as required and provide support, guidance and advice to line managers as appropriate, Manage the people related aspects of any restructuring or major operational project work, Coach / mentor and advise managers on cases and issues, provide solutions whilst assessing the risk to ensure appropriate resolution in a timely manner, provide advice to manager in relation to ER issues including discipline, grievance, harassment and bullying, redundancy, fixed terms contracts and DBS, undertake some project work around UKVI compliance, To work with our in-house legal adviser on complex and high risk ER cases, To prepare letters of appointment and Principal Statements of terms and conditions of employment, To produce bespoke and ad-hoc reports / data analyses as required, to update and maintain the i-Trent HR management system.
The successful Senior HR Advisor will;
- Have a successful background as a HR Advisor previously ESSENTIAL
- Be confident in their knowledge of Employment law ESSENTIAL
- Have manage their own case loads and case work before ESSENTIAL
- Be confident in working closely with managers and proving mentoring and advice on ER related issues ESSENTIAL
- Be strong on systems including; Microsoft word, and excel ESSENTIAL
- Be familiar working on UK VI Compliance ESSENTIAL
- Have worked within the public sector before ESSENTIAL
- Be immediately available to start DESIRABLE
- Have used i-Trent before DESIRABLE
- Be able to drive and has their own car DESIRABLE
- Have worked within education before DESIRABLE
£15.00 - £17.00 per hour total PAYE + public sector + education + asap start + temp ongoing + parking + catering + team based + possibility of extension + Senior HR Advisor + Telford + Newport + Staffordshire.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81882363