Accident & Emergency Nurses A&E
Full-Time or Part-Time, Minimum of 6 months clinical experience, Degree or Diploma in Nursing.
Accident and Emergency nurses needed
We're Team24, a healthcare recruitment provider specialising in finding qualified nursing and clinical staff for temporary and permanent work across a range of clients including NHS and private healthcare employers. If you work with us, you'll see patient care is at the heart of Team24's robust recruitment approach and you'll receive a great experience.
As an A&E nurse you will be responsible for understanding triage and prioritising injuries based on medical need. You will be required to make quick and accurate assessments about incoming patients, including both physical and mental health conditions.
Time management is crucial in this job. Along with triage, you will be required to quickly ascertain the following information from incoming patients:
- Recognise the medical problem
- Document medical history
- Check for any allergies and current medications
- Obtain height, weight, body temperature, heart rate and blood pressure
Other responsibilities include moving patients, taking blood samples, cleaning and bandaging wounds, administering medications and maintaining proper supplies of medical equipment.
About the client
Our client provides a range of elective, non-elective, surgical, medical, women's, children's, diagnostic and therapeutic services to a population of more than 300,000 people. The hospital opened in 1948.
The hub of the Trust is located on the outskirts of Nuneaton and its services cover a large footprint, including north Warwickshire, south west Leicestershire, and north Coventry.
- Providing the necessary care for patients
- Acting as a liaison for patients and the families of patients
- Respecting the rights and beliefs of patients
- Monitoring the care that patients receive
- Offering assistance that is in the best interest of the patient
- Interceding for patients in situations that require action immediately
- Representing the patient according to his or her choice
- Providing support and education that can help patients and their designated surrogate make the best decisions possible.
What we need from you
- Mandatory training Basic Life Support, Moving and Handling
- Immunisation reports for EPP bloods
- Excellent patient care
- Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Professional registration with the NMC
- Two clinical references relevant to this clinical setting
If you are passionate about delivering a high standard of patient care and would like to work in a supportive forward-thinking environment, we would like to hear from you if you think you meet the requirements.
What you will receive from us
- Team24 is a tier one recruitment provider to the client so you will have access to key shifts
- Opportunity as a Team24 worker to access continued lines of work
- Your own dedicated consultant who will manage your registrations through to clearance
- Free mandatory training if required
- Free DBS check
- Free uniform (after completing your first shift with us)
It is the policy of the company that no person acting on our behalf shall discriminate in any situation against another individual or group, directly or indirectly, because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief, sex and sexual orientation. Each individual is assessed on merit alone
Any application to this advert is to a job posted by Team24 part of Affinity Workforce.