We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Stock Supervisor to help lead the team of Yard Hands and Quality Controllers!!
You will help the Stock Manager to develop our team members professionally in order to enhance outstanding quality, maintain an attractive display of pitch cars whilst and assist with all aspects of yard-hand duties.
With great opportunities to develop your career and progress within a rapidly growing and successful business that is currently in the Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for, this is an excellent time and role in which to begin your career with Motorpoint!
- · Supervise the accurate checking in of vehicles onto site, with correct tagging and marking up.
- · Ensure that all vehicles are correctly relocated and recorded on the computer.
- · Ensure that book packs are taken to the administration office.
- · Maintain good administrative procedures and filing of relevant documents.
- · Ensure that all stock vehicles that are put on the pitch are damage free and clean and meet the clearly defined Motorpoint Standard.
- · Ensure that vehicles are parked in line correctly, secure and all keys to returned to key storage.
- · Remove all sold vehicles from the pitch when required and ensure their efficient relocation to the workshop area.
- · Supervise the safe and correct movement of vehicles to different locations on the site.
- · Ensure that all stock vehicles that are put on the pitch are damage free and clean.
- · To keep the pitch litter free and tidy.
- · To maintain the quality of vehicles on the pitch, keeping them clean and lined up correctly.
- · To assist The Preparation Manager in their duties to include damage reports and transport jobs.
- · Liaise with sales team members and assist where necessary.
- · Carry out all duties in line with the company’s health and safety polices and procedures, and the safe to work instructions.
- · Full, clean driving license and able to drive.
- · Experience in working on a car pitch or similar environment involving quality control, logistics or stock control.
- · Experience of taking responsibility for co-ordinating work and supervising others is desirable.
- · Able to manoeuvre vehicles effectively and reverse park.
- · Well organised, with a logical and thorough approach to workload.
- · Excellent attention to detail and desire to achieve high quality results.
- · Good observation skills, with the ability to spot errors and items that do not meet quality standards.
- · Able to remain calm and clear thinking when under time and deadline pressures.
- · Computer literate, ability to use email, maintain excel spread-sheets and with training use our stock control software.
- · Friendly, approachable and enthusiastic personality.
- · A great team-player whose communication style encourages and motivates others.
- · Able to co-ordinate work and identify the most effective way to complete tasks efficiently.
- · Clear communicator, able to give instruction with precision and check understanding, excellent listener.
- · Enjoys hands on practical work in an outdoor environment.
- · A good general level of fitness in order to walk the pitch.