My client, a leading logistics provider are looking to recruit a Warehouse Supervisor for its operation in Whitchurch, Shropsire.
Job Purpose: why the job exists
To monitor shift performance in line with measures and KPi's. To challenge individual performance and behaviours, providing support, training and corrective actions as appropriate. To activitly support the Zone Manager in; the day to day operation, identifying continueous improvement opportunities and ensuring full compliance in line with SOP's and working practices.
Job Responsibilities / Key Accountabilities:
- Monitor shift performance. Investigate, challenge and identify root causes. Escalate and consult with Zone Manager and support with corrective actions as required.
- Monitor the co-ordination of daily activity, ensuring all work (i.e bookings, vehicle movements, Vas work, Internal work) is dealt with in a timely manner.
- Update Zone Manager of any staff concerns, including, under performance, attitude, behaviour and non-conformity. Support with corrective action where appropriate.
- Conduct daily shift audits against daily check sheets (i.e. MHE, scanners, house-keeping etc) and sign off as complete.
- Contribute to daily performance review meetings by gathering shift performance information and channeling to Zone Managers.
- Ensure an effective shift handover to provide clarity on Zone position.
- Ensure H&S, Quality and Food Safety compliance requirements/standards are met.
- Directly challenge unacceptable behaviours and take corrective action where appropriate.
- Ensure all staff are fully trained within their role and are consistently operating in line with SOPs. Ensure that the training matrix reflects the above.
- Liaise with other departments to highlight operational issues and potential delays to daily activity, including detail of how the issue is being addressed.
- Support Zone Managers on the investigation of claims and operational failures and corrective actions as and when required.
- Support Zone Managers in successful new starter induction by ensuring appropriate training is sourced during the probationary period and is in line with induction checklist. Monitor and escalate any performance concerns promptly to the appropriate Zone Manager.
- Identify training needs for staff. Drive and develop sufficient training plans to improve performance, sourcing the required support as appropiate.
- Actively step up when Zone Manager is not present
- Various Shifts Available Including 4 on 4 off and Monday to Friday
Gap Professional is acting as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81925951