Assistant Team Manager
Our huge distribution centres stock every product we sell in our stores. And they never stop. 24 hours a day, our teams receive, manage and ship out products from across our many different warehouse sections, including fruit and veg, meat and poultry, alcohol and frozen goods.
Our Goods Out team make sure the right products get loaded into trucks and shipped off to our stores, night and day. As Assistant Team Manager, you'll help inspire and motivate the team to get it spot on, pallet after pallet, shift after shift.
You'll help the Team Manager to manage hauliers. Planning and booking in deliveries to stores in your area, you'll help make sure every store gets exactly the stock they need, when they need it. Is every product packed and loaded as it should be? Is every truck at the right temperature? Is the paperwork all sorted? Over to you.
It's relentless but rewarding. Thinking on your feet and staying cool under pressure, you'll need to be assertive and straight-talking, happy to handle some strong personalities. It's fast-paced and packed with challenges. And that's just the way you like it.
Please note that your application will include three online exercises, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you as a potential future leader for Lidl. To find out more and even conduct a practice exercise, please feel free to visit the following website: http://getstarted.cut-e.com
The process will also include a telephone interview and face-to-face selection event. We look forward to receiving your application.
What will you do?
- Lead and motivate a team in your area of the Warehouse
- Check that every shipment goes off on time and in perfect condition
- Coordinate with stores and hauliers to get delivery schedules right
- Support the Team Manager with the warehouse inventory
- Train and develop your team, making sure everyone follows company procedures
- Help to regulate recycling, working with contractors to keep costs down
What will you need?
- Experience of leading a team and a results-driven work record
- Outstanding organisation and multi-tasking skills to prioritise conflicting deadlines
- Natural leadership to manage conflict and get the best out of everyone
- Multi-tasking skills, to think on your feet and adapt to changing demands
- An adaptable communication style to get your message across to anyone
- Heaps of ambition and a desire to succeed
What do we offer?
You'll be well rewarded as a key player in the Lidl team. As well as being part of a secure, fast-growing business, we'll make sure you have quality training and real opportunities to build your career. On top of your competitive salary, starting from £35,150 with the ability to earn up to £47,500 (*dependent on experience), you'll get 30 days' holiday (35 days after 2 years), a pension, discounts on all Lidl products and on a range of holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.