CNC Setter / Operator / Programmer
CNC Setter / Operator / Programmer
Salary - £28,920
I am recruiting for a CNC Setter / Operator / Programmer to join our Client based in Whitchurch, Hampshire.
The main duties and responsibilities for this position will be as follows:
* To be familiar with all components machined on CNC/NC & Manual machines within the machine shop.
* To be familiar with materials, tooling and machining methods used on CNC/NC & Manual machines.
* Be competent with setting & programming various CNC/NC & Manual, ensuring that all tooling is correctly set so that components are manufactured correct to drawing dimensions.
* Ensure that CNC/NC & Manual machines are set and run efficiently so as to minimise the amount of down time between component change overs.
* Be able to measure components produced on CNC/NC & Manual machines fully, using various inspection equipment so as to ensure that components are manufactured to drawing dimensions and tolerances.
* Ensure that machines are cleaned of swarf & that oils/coolants are checked daily or as required.
* Ensure that we apply the concept of continual process improvement on all machines as required to produce parts as effectively as possible.
* CNC/NC & Manual Machine Setters responsibilities / position within structure.
* Reporting to Senior or Department Supervisor Liaise with relevant Managers, Supervisors, Line Leaders and interfacing production departments.
* Effectively prioritise individual work load so as to ensure CNC/NC & Manual machines are set to meet the demands of manufacturing.
* Carryout work instructions efficiently as directed by Manager or Line Supervisor.
* Ensure machines are changed over efficiently so as to minimise down time between components.
* Ensure components are made/measured so as to comply to the latest drawing.
* Ensure tooling & programme information is maintained on Seiki System Software.
* Produce new components & programmes for prototypes/production as required.
* Ensure machines and work areas are kept clean so as to comply to Health and Safety Standards.
* Troubleshoot machine/machining or programme problems as required.
* Advise/Recommend or Correct Diagnose machine faults and take remedial action as required.
Tools/ Equipment used.
* Good understanding of the use of hand tools and inspection measuring equipment, the safe use of CNC/NC and Manual mechanical machinery.
* Competent and safe use of Grinding machine plus any other equipment associated with this job function.
Working conditions / degree of effort required.
* Working within the machine shop, potentially noisy and dirty working area. Jobholder must be competent at setting and ensuring that safe working practices are carried out within the work place.
* Degree of manual lifting is involved when collecting/loading and emptying materials used on CNC/NC & manual machines.
Qualifications / Education required
* Recognised Certificate in Mechanical Engineering & CNC Programming required along with a good knowledge of CNC machining metholodgy.
* 3 - 5 years' experience in a similar manufacturing environment and position.
* Good practical understanding of turning & milling processes covering setting and programming of CNC/NC & Manual machines.
* Computer / keyboarding Skills, along with competent Hand Tooling & Inspection Measuring Equipment usage.
* Good eye for detail, and the ability to read engineering drawings and specifications.
Previous working knowledge on a Robo Drill CNC mill using Reinshaw probing would be an advantage.
If you are interested, would like further information and to apply please do not hesitate to contact Daniel Pyle at Gi Group on 01264 332242 and email your CV
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81944935