IT Project Manager
Sopra Steria Recruitment is now looking for Project Manager to join our large client in their Redditch Office.
Up to GBP55,000 + Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to work as Project Manager you have full responsibility to successfully deliver projects within budget, and to the required quality and time-scales, and facilitate full realization of benefits defined in the business case.
- Responsible for projects with varying budgets, or work streams within a programme.
- Understand commercial drivers and business strategy to ensure appropriate project prioritization
- Maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, provide communication strategies, ensure business ownership
- Work closely with non-IT project managers to ensure the successful delivery of change.
- Manage risks, issues, and changes, including change budgets, escalating as appropriate
- Produce a project plan and critical path and provide required reporting, including RAG project status reports
- Identify resource requirements and assign individual responsibilities, including third parties
- Day to day management of operational aspects of the project and scope
- Provide guidance to project teams and communication with Stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle, and clearly and concisely communicate project progress and status to stakeholders.
- Ensure organizational procedures, project methodologies/standards, and best practice are adhered to
- Control and report on all expenditure in accordance with corporate governance processes
- Ensure business objectives are met, the business change is managed and the benefits are realized
- Ensure delivery of documentation and training to enable adoption of delivered changes
- Facilitate formal handover to the business sponsor and support teams
- Ensure effective project closure (including capturing lessons learned)
- Project manager with proven track-record of successfully delivering projects (or work streams) to timeline and cost
- Strong understanding and background in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) is a must
- Heavy Waterfall methodology is essential
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with peers and senior colleagues
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Has a hands-on approach, is delivery focused with an emphasis on practical results
- Is collaborative and works in a co-operative way
- Able to rationalise potential issues and provide solutions
- Can prioritise and plan effectively
- Dynamic and fast-paced attitude
- Can multi-task and is highly organised
- Good working knowledge of project lifecycle, techniques and methodologies
- Working knowledge of benefits management and business changes
This a Fantastic opportunity to work with a great organization. The career prospects are superb so please apply urgently to avoid disappointment.