Graduate Process Improvement Engineer
EB5393: Graduate Process Improvement Engineer
Salary: GBP23K to GBP29K Negotiable DOE
Location: Hereford, Herefordshire
Benefits: Quarterly Bonuses + Pension Scheme, Life Insurance,
33 days' annual leave (including bank holidays)
A requirement for a Graduate Process Improvement Engineer to work for the world's leading innovator and manufacturer of nickel-based super alloys. This Graduate Process Improvement Engineer will use their knowledge and experience to provide technical support to the production and engineering teams.
This Graduate Process Improvement Engineer will also identify and implement process improvements to optimise performance and drive a 'right first time' culture. In return we will support your ongoing professional development as a member of our established Technical team.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
The Graduate Process Engineer will be responsible for:
- Determining process variation and conduct root cause analysis to drive out product non-conformity and improve operational performance
- Identify areas for improvement to justify and execute realistic improvement plans, with well-designed KPIs to assure accurate performance monitoring. This will be achieved by:
- Identifying and implementing Corrective Actions to address the cause of non-conformance
- Establishing and implementing process acceptance criteria for machines and equipment to verify capability to consistently produce conforming product
- Creating or modifying Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions to help ensure conformance to product specifications
- Working with the Management team and operators to establish a zero accidents, 'right first time' and customer-focused culture.
- Support New Product Development initiatives under the supervision of the Product Development Manager.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline.
- Previous demonstrable engineering or technical experience working within a manufacturing environment desirable but not mandatory.
- Problem solving mind-set
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Demonstrable communication skills with the ability to explain concepts clearly to a wide audience, from Shop Floor to Management
- Excellent organisation skills, and an ability to work well independently
- A willingness to learn new computing and technical skills
This role of Graduate Process Improvement Engineer would suit someone with experience in a similar role and / or recent graduates with a passionate desire to drive manufacturing excellence through process improvement.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.