Technical Sales Engineer
Excellent Opportunity Available
Technical Sales Engineer
A sales person is required with a technical engineering background within the sheet metal industry (presswork and laser cutting). Preferably, the candidate will have completed an engineering apprenticeship to City & Guilds or HNC level.
The sales person must be knowledgeable of the industry and obtain excellent communication skills to be confident to speak with various customers and departments.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Identifying suitable markets and industry for the business, also identifying where the business's current capacity and capabilities will be most competitive.
- Understanding the customer base, with the ability to grow current customers and gain new customers.
- The candidate is expected to grow and run accounts up to the value of £1m-£1.5m.
- Confidently communicate with all colleagues, of all departments to resolve issues and feedback customer comments. Communication within sales, production and quality is essential.
- Being confident within customer facing situations, in both positive and negative situations.
- Ability and confidence to complete customer visits, both on and offsite, perform the company presentation to a corporate level, complete quality audits and company shop floor tours.
- Expectation to do what is necessary to achieve sales including customer visits, cold calls, emails, exhibitions and travelling to support customer requirements.
- Sales reporting to be completed as per the business requirements.
- Communication and reporting directly to the Sales Director is essential, in order to obtain quotations, remain competitive and meet customer demands.
- The candidate is expected to perform excellent account management, from receiving enquiries, obtaining quotations from the estimating team, to handing over orders to the Project Manager. The candidate will look after each customer from start to finish, and always looking to grow each account to its very highest potential. After sales care is essential including regular visits and telephone contact.
- As the role of sales engineer, the candidate must act as engineer in terms of feasibility issues to the customer, as well as being commercially minded to perform the sales role. The candidate will provide extra engineering information, and provide sub contract and service information, this will include sourcing samples and prototypes, completing trials and delivering products to subcontractors or customers.
In return you will benefit from:
- A competitive salary
- 35 hour working week
- Company Car, mobile and Company credit card
The above role is based on a permanent full time basis with an ASAP start available. To apply please e-mail CV's or call for more information.
Adecco UK are an equal opportunities employer and an Employment Agency
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser