Warehouse Assistant Team Manager Selection
Our huge distribution centres stock every product we sell in our stores. And they never stop. 24 hours a day, our teams receive, manage and ship out products from across our many different warehouse sections, including fruit and veg, meat and poultry, alcohol and frozen goods.
Our Selection team make sure the right products are picked and packed – quickly but accurately – ready to be loaded into trucks and shipped to our stores. As an Assistant Team Manager, you'll help motivate them to get it spot on, shift after shift.
To lead and develop a large team, you'll need to be assertive, happy handling strong personalities. You'll stay calm and keep track of every detail, even when things get busy. And they're always busy.
Working side by side with your team, you'll show them how to give it their all and keep up with the non-stop orders coming in from our stores. It's tough, energetic and demanding. But we'll give you the right training and make sure you're hands-on and ready to prove yourself from day one.
Please note that your application will include three online exercises, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you as a potential future leader for Lidl. To find out more and even conduct a practice exercise, please feel free to visit the following website: http://getstarted.cut-e.com
The process will also include a telephone interview and face-to-face selection event. We look forward to receiving your application.
What will you do?
- Manage, train and support your team to get every order right
- Help the Team Manager with day-to-day operations, recruitment and stock-taking
- Check we have the right amount of stock in the right condition
- Continually improve our ways of work to boost productivity and get the best results
- Champion Health and Safety, making sure everyone follows company procedures
What will you need?
- Experience of leading a team and a results-driven work record
- Outstanding organisation and multi-tasking skills to prioritise conflicting deadlines
- Natural leadership to manage conflict and get the best out of everyone
- Multi-tasking skills, to think on your feet and adapt to changing demands
- An adaptable communication style to get your message across to anyone
What do we offer?
You'll be well rewarded as a key player in the Lidl team. As well as being part of a strong, fast-growing business, we'll make sure you have quality training and real opportunities to build your career. On top of your competitive salary, starting from £35,150 with the ability to earn up to £47,500 (*dependent on experience), you'll get 30 days' holiday (35 days after 2 years), a pension, discounts on all Lidl products and on a range of holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.