- General Medical Reception Duties to include
- Monitor flow of patients into consulting and treatment rooms.
- Ensure that patients without appointments, but who need urgent consultation, are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner.
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover, ensure procedures are completed.
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment and issue receipts for same.
- Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patients and other visitors, ensuring that all visitors complete the confidentiality proforma.
- Enter requests for home onto computer appointments system including all relevant information and where necessary, refer to the Duty Doctor.
- Action request for ambulance transportation and enter details in appropriate book.
- Ensure reception and waiting areas are kept neat and tidy.
- Computer input, data and information as required by the practice, including computerised prescription.
- Open and distribute mail.
- Act as Chaperone when required, adhering to Chaperone Protocol
2. Operation of computerised Appointment Systems - EMIS WEB
3. Organisation of Medical Records
4. Preparation of Consulting Rooms
5. Operation of Telephone System
6. Adhere to confidentiality & Safe Haven Policies