Newcross Healthcare is looking for professional and experienced Care Assistants who are committed to delivering high-quality care to support our service users in Rugby and the local surrounding areas through our friendly team located in Coventry.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, choose your rota to fit around your life with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager. We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights to evenings and weekends.
Our Caring Role
Working as a Newcross Care Assistant means you will be involved in ensuring each resident receives an excellent standard of care that meets their personal care plan. You will play an essential role in enabling residents to live fulfilling lives, partaking in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
Personal care could include: dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
Compassion and respect are key to this role, through your approach to delivering the best quality of care to the service user to respecting the families and friends of the client, and at all times providing life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
As a successful candidate you will benefit from
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support
Why should you join Newcross?
We value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression, so we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and progress further in their career.
We are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving you the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
Your local Team
Our Coventry branch is based in the Cobalt Centre on Middlemarch Business Park near the Airport.
We cover a wide range of areas in the West Midlands such as Solihull, Nuneaton, Rugby and Stratford-upon-Avon.
To apply for this role you will need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have an NVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82251863