Software Over The Air (SOTA) Test Manager - 35262
Title: Software over the Air (SOTA) Testing Manager
Salary Range: £27.19 - £28.68
Division: Electrical Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
OEM Programmes, OEM teams and external suppliers providing capability that will be used by the SOTA programme.
The SOTA Testing Manager is responsible for the maintenance and updating of the SOTA Testing Strategy. This details the testing approach that the SOTA Programmes expects all parties involved in or providing capability to the SOTA Programme to adopt. In addition, the SOTA Programme Testing team will be responsible for the development and maintenance of Test Plans and supporting materials (Test Scenarios, Test Cases/Scripts, Test Data, etc.) incorporating where appropriate, functional and technical testing activities that may be undertaken by other parties involved in the SOTA Programme.
3 Key Skills Required
- Solid background in testing with proven experience of leading testing and assurance teams in complex Programme environments.
- Proven experience in metrics development, reporting and root cause analysis / recommendations.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the development lifecycle and testing approaches and techniques (manual and automated), using both Agile and Waterfall development methods.
- Responsible for the management of the SOTA Programme Testing team.
- Responsible for the management of planning, preparation and execution activities for all SOTA Programme testing.
- Responsible for the provision of guidance on all aspects of testing within the scope of the SOTA Programme to parties involved in that testing.
- Responsible for the establishment of an assurance capability within the SOTA Testing team to assure the quality of testing activities undertaken by other parties involved in that testing.
- Responsible for the maintenance and updating of the SOTA Testing Strategy.
- Responsible for the definition and maintenance of testing and assurance standards and procedures that will be applicable for SOTA Programme testing.
- Manage the efficient use of Testing resources involved in the SOTA Programme.
- Responsible for any recruitment requirements for the SOTA Testing team.
- Ensures adherence to applicable JLR standards for testing.
- Work closely with and maintains strong communication links with parties who are involved, or have an interest in, testing for the SOTA Programme.
- Provide status reporting and other management information on SOTA Programme Testing to the SOTA Programme management team.
- Maintain alignment with the wider SOTA programme and other delivery stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience in the development of a strong testing capability including the creation and maintenance of test strategies, test standards, processes, tools and templates.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills.
- Flexible approach to task adoption and prioritisation, ability to see the big picture and change priorities to address or mitigate emerging issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex data and arguments in ways that are accessible to everyone.
- The ability to cope within a pressurised environment and meet deadlines.
- Experience of testing in an automotive environment
- Knowledge of OEM processes
- Experience in failure mode analysis techniques
- Experience in SysML using IBM Rational Rhapsody or Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Experience in IBM Rational DOORS
If you are interested in this opportunity apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81926477