BUSINESS ENGAGEMENT LEAD(FINANCE AND BI)
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for the definition and delivery of fit for purpose IT platforms for the Finance (Central Finance and Financial Planning) and Business Intelligence functions.
The role is accountable for IT business relationship management, IT strategy and the development of IT product roadmaps aligned to business needs, the mobilisation of IT project/change and the management of the Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) IT support team.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
Based in IT with overall responsibility for the provision of fit for purpose IT services to the designated functions including strategic planning, successful delivery of change/projects and business as usual service escalation.
Management and development of the Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) IT support team. Direction and leadership of virtual IT teams within primary areas of responsibility in IT and external partners.
Budgetary responsibility as delegated by business colleagues and line management.
- Strategic planning of IT solutions to meet business priorities, development of IT product roadmaps, working with stakeholders to build investment cases.
- Project delivery, working with project delivery colleagues to establish effective IT project teams and appropriate governance, mobilising into delivery, being accountable for successful outcomes.
- Service delivery, working with service delivery colleagues to implement appropriate solution support, reporting and service metrics, service improvement.
- Architecture, working with colleagues to plan fit for purpose, sustainable solutions.
Reports to Business Engagement Manager.
Strong peer relationships with senior business colleagues, directly supporting their priorities
RELATING TO PEOPLE EXTERNALLY
Third party suppliers and service providers.
RELATING TO PEOPLE INTERNALLY
colleagues, typically at Director/Head of level and their direct reports.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE (Person Specification)
- Relevant business/IT domain experience
- Commercially astute, focussed on value, business and IT outcomes.
- Relationship building.
- Team management, direct and matrix.
- Experience of relationship management, strategic planning, product roadmaps, project delivery and service settings.
- Prior experience in a merchant or distribution business with specific experience of similar business unit or function.
Commitment to our People:
- Management & Leadership
- Working with others
- Personal drive
Results & Improvement driven:
- Making Decisions
- Customer Service
- Takes ownership, able to work under own direction and that of others
- Balance of strategic and execution focus.
- Collaborative, assertive, resilient and diplomatic and able to navigate and negotiate in complex settings.
- Skilled and experienced managing conflict, influencing others and problem-solving
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills, able to critically evaluate information from multiple sources and form views, strategies and action plans.
- Effective communicator
- Strong facilitation skills
- Effective team worker.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82015610