Test Manager Systems Integration
Highways England have awarded telent the contract for the operation and management of NRTS (National Roads Telecommunication Services), a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country's 4,400 mile strategic road network. telent will take on the NRTS network in 2018 and provide an end-to-end managed service to build, maintain, and modernise the network.
- Overall Test Management of the multiple test programmes
- Vision, Strategy and customer management
- Read integration testing team of the system elements
- Read FAT & SAT testing team (incl production of Test Schedules)
- To lead the test Team in delivery of the all testing required as part of the Get Consent process;
- To liaise with the customer and project team to ensure that the solutions satisfy the contractual requirements
- To develop a strong understanding of the business and its operational requirements to advise the customer and project team on best practices
- Keeping up to date with the Customer's strategy and translating to the Service Provider's organisation
- Review designs and interface control specifications to ensure overall System elements work together
- Ability to lead and provide direction to a technical team
- Team working to consolidate knowledge, requirements and solutions to deliver the best team result.
- Analytical and creative ability to develop logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Self-motivated and results orientated to see complex problems through to a solution.
- Able to relate to end users, business managers, developers, and other team members.
- Ability to adapt to new circumstances, work under time pressure, learn quickly and capture requirements rapidly
- Maintain a flexible attitude to the tasks assigned
What we are looking for from you:
- Strong experience in System design, integration and test for following technologies
- Optical and Data Networks
- Server Systems
- CCTV / Control System Applications
- Configuration Management and support tools (Active Directory, sysLog, SNMP manager)
- Road technical knowledge in DWDM, MPLS, IP network, CCTV, Network management and server based products/solutions
- Significant experience in solution testing of large integration projects within a regulated customer facing environment
- Management of 3rd party providers for the delivery of professional services engagements
- Understanding of in-life 'service operations'
- Creation of clear and concise documentation
Excellent Employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages.
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82065123