Senior Manager Chassis Applications
Job Title: Senior Manager: Chassis Applications
Job Location: Warwickshire, West Midlands, UK
Job Salary: £55k-£60k per annum (dependent upon experience)
Chassis management lead within the programme team. Manage the functional and technical delivery of all of the Chassis systems. Manage the generation and maintenance of Chassis costs, timing plans, reporting documents and presentation material.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Chassis management lead Programme and application activities. Responsible for applying and introducing all Chassis systems to each programme.
- Manage all the Application Manager for Chassis Systems
- Collaborate with other Senior managers & engineers, systems integration engineers & commodity engineers to create chassis strategy and application
- Work with commodity engineers across PD to ensure a robust system delivery plan is created & achieved.
- Work efficiently with Attribute and Vehicle engineering to achieve performances target
- Lead meetings including gateways and Programme check points.
- Define the engineering change content in response to the Strategic Evaluation Letter.
- Ensure that commodity financial targets reflect the activities required to deliver all features across Product Development.
- Support Programme Manager and Concept Leader to balance performance and cost targets by providing information on the cost to deliver new features.
- Define programme's Chassis engineering resource requirements (internal and external).
- Work with Concept Leader to ensure that platform commodities and functional archetypes are applied, and that Function commodities integrate effectively with other commodities to achieve overall vehicle targets.
- Create boundary diagrams for new features & identify whichcomponentry is required to support their delivery.
- Ownership of Chassis System Specification.
- Perform system reviews during concept phase
- Ensure that Chassis systems and components are delivered by application & platform engineers to achieve the cascaded feature content. Includes:
- Use external engineering partners as required to deliver system designs & component feature content.
- Work with application & commodity engineers across PD to create a robust vehicle delivery plan for the whole vehicle.
- Ensure that application, platform engineers & external engineering partners achieve the delivery plan, working with them to create & manage recovery plans as required (escalating to the Programme Manager as required). Includes:
- Manage functional implementation progression over time.
- Manage DFMEA and FESO progression documentation
- Manage together with the Chassis manager, the implementation of the Chassis engineering commodities and delivery lead times.
- Monitor internal & external engineering integration resource utilisation to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
- Creates & manages whole vehicle integration test plans.
- Support system engineers in system validation.
- Responsible for whole vehicle system qualification, ensuring all features are robustly validated.
- Ensures effective report writing to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
- Ensure that all concerns on his application are robustly resolved.
- First port of call for build issues & vehicle sign off.
- Assist in data collection and analysis for problem resolution
- Coordinate software versions and incompatibilities within the engineering fleet.
- Support the commodityFESO process. Includes:
- Support system engineers with Practical FMEA/SFMEA.
- Support and facilitate System reviews and system FMEA.
- Create information packs to be presented in meetings, to all levels of the business.
- Outsource engineers to achieve the delivery plan.
- Must guarantee the functional and technical delivery of all of the systems to the project.
- Attend cross-functional programme meetings to discuss Chassis delivery issues.
- Must create Chassis gateway slides and attend gateway meetings.
- Manage and lead all required Programme financial reviews. Work with the Programme and Finance teams to provide all information in the correct format.
Qualifications and Experience
- Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred. (Degree in another appropriate discipline will be considered)
- Extensive experience gained with Chassis commodities.
- Project management experience.
- Proven record or working to strict deadlines.
- Extensive experience working in a Component Engineering environment
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Project.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Confidence with presenting to seniors and taking away actions.
- Excellent understanding of Chassis technologies and their function.
- Able to communicate clearly.
- Can manage and produce and maintain timing plans.
- Able to manage a small team of 2 - 4 people.
- Confident to interface with many departments such as Finance, Programme Management, Attributes and Purchase
- Strong time management , accuracy , diligence , ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82108254