Commercial Manager, Warwick
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
* Experienced Commercial Manager with a proven record of accomplishment of delivering pragmatic commercial support in at least one of telent's market sectors.
* Understanding of the different types of risk and solutions which manage these risks throughout the lifecycle of the contract.
* Appreciation of the factors which impact profitability of a contract.
* Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
* Ability to communicate at all levels in an organisation.
* Thorough understanding of commercial processes and typical contractual terms.
* Advanced experience of customer facing with excellent negotiation and communication skills.
* Ability to develop different types of commercial solutions in different circumstances.
* Experience and understanding of different contract types (especially NEC 2 and 3) and different contracting structures including managing multiple prime/sub relationships and different types of joint venture arrangements.
* Working as part of the Legal & Commercial Team you will be responsible for delivering pragmatic commercial support to telent's businesses, including the management and negotiation of all but the most complex bids, contracts without supervision
* Providing a pragmatic and value-add commercial support to all aspects of telent's business throughout the entire sales and delivery cycle
* Working closely with the businesses to develop relationships with, and an understanding of the commercial approach of, telent's customers
* Working to support the business strategies of Network Services, Technology Solutions and Rail
* Wherever possible, whilst protecting telent's interests, ensuring that customers find telent "easy to do business with"
* Providing Commercial support to all areas of telent's business
* Working with the team to maximise the profitability of the contracts whilst understanding the impact on future business
* Negotiating contracts to achieve a win/win for telent, its customers
* Working closely with the teams responsible for delivery to ensure a smooth contract handover and that the delivery teams understand the contract requirements, mechanisms and commercial assumptions
* Resolving disputes and claims with customers to meet telent's best interests.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
* Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent in an appropriate discipline is desirable. Depth and breadth of experience will be taken into account where these qualifications have not been attained.
* Becomes a reliable and trusted member of the Commercial team
* Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm to succeed
* Is flexible and finds ways around difficult problems without giving up
* Builds trusting relationships with colleagues, customers, by consistently delivering on promises, being sensitive to the needs and feelings of others and presenting a balanced view.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82145969