Dudley / West Bromwich / Redditch / West Midlands + International travel
to £50k plus generous benefits
Our client is recognised as one of the world leaders in the design, manufacture & development of an exciting array of highest technology Visitor Entertainment Attractions for supply across the globe, and they are now diversifying further into the exhilarating robotic "dark ride" entertainment sector. As a result of continued success and a planned program of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an articulate, dynamic and highly self-motivated Project Manager to be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of projects ensuring compliance with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering Projects, the Project Manager will ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget and will both establish and maintain relationships with the client, all stakeholders and third parties/vendors through delivering quality customer/client service, and project manage the design, manufacture, production and installation of a variety of different attractions across the company's impressive and unique product portfolio.
Based near Dudley in the West Midlands but flexible to undertake international travel as required, the successful Project Manager candidate will have experience in project delivery with a technical background and understanding or hands-on experience in the delivery of one or more of the company's technical discipline's - namely mechanical, electrical or AV Audio visual systems. Whilst previous experience of working in the theme park industry would be advantageous, you will essentially come from a Technical background, preferably in the fields of engineering for technical project managers with am AMP / PRINCE II certification proving particularly attractive. Key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
- Ensuring all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility and ensuring resource availability and allocation
- Developing a detailed project plan to track progress and using appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measuring project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Reporting and escalating to management as needed and managing the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Performing risk management to minimize project risks and both creating and maintaining associated project documentation in line with company practice
To be considered for this varied and challenging Project Manager role, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will demonstrate significant previous experience in project management along with a background in managing safety critical manufactured capital equipment projects. With the ability to communicate effectively you will possess strong leadership skills, including experience of leading teams and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets as required. You will ideally possess formal project management qualifications (PMP/APMP/Prince2/P30 or equivalent) with both experience and understanding of working within a dynamic fast-paced SME business.
Contact the Projects Team at Premier Technical Recruitment on 01827 68400 or email your cv in the strictest confidence to for further details.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82157502