Quantum are working with are a global manufacturing and tooling company operating across 5 continents. They serve a number of different sectors including automotive, industrial, pharmaceutical and consumer goods with customers in over 140 countries. They are currently seeking a Production Manager for their site in the Midlands to oversee a team of over 100 people.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Site Senior Team, responsible for leading and managing the production team in order to achieve safety, quality and productivity standards and ensuring timely delivery of good quality product.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the role will lead the team – split across 3 shifts, ensuring that production processes run reliably and efficiently to ensure that customer requirements are met. This person would be responsible for upskilling and developing them to achieve KPIs whilst ensuring the Health and Safety of all employees.
- Ensuring that H&S procedures are followed and that all aspects of Company, Site & Legal requirements are met;
- Leading the Production department into a single, cohesive, effective operational unit;
- Embedding a performance culture through communication and management across the operation;
- Reporting against KPIs and delivering improvement plans to meet/exceed targets;
- Ensuring resource levels are sufficient to deliver high quality/low cost production;
- Train & develop personnel and help Team members develop appropriate skills.
- 3-5 years senior leadership experience within a manufacturing / engineering environment;
- Ability to effectively lead and organise fast paced teams to achieve consistent high performance standards;
- HSSE qualification is desirable or proven experience of achieving a positive health & safety culture within a manufacturing environment;
- Proven experience of driving positive cross functional / shift cultures.
This is a very demanding and fast paced role. The suitable candidate needs to have an engineering background and have worked in a Production Manager capacity in a previous role. They will need to be able to adapt to different situations and demands quickly.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81897564