PRODUCTION ENGINEER / MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Are you looking for the an opportunity to be an "Integral Cog" in the Production Engineering activities across an established and expanding market leader in their field of Automotive components (Tier 1) ?
Ford and Stanley Ltd, the renowned experts within manufacturing recruitment are working in partnership with a most prestigious component manufacturer to appoint a qualified and experienced Production Engineer.
Due to continued growth the company have an impressive presence within the area - offering superb opportunities for career growth, stability and real earnings potential. Note you will be dealing with many of the major OEM's. The role reports to the Engineering Manager with functional input to the purchase and production departments.
Location. Candidates residing in such locations as Sutton Coldfield, Walsall, Coventry, Leicestershire, Birmingham, Burton, Tamworth etc will find commuting a good proposition. Note you will on occasions be visiting both suppliers and customers.
- To implement new production processes for new products into the manufacturing system, including press tooling, assembly equipment and other production process equipment. To manage production equipment implementation from equipment specification for quotation to performing performance studies when commissioned.
- Lead the process engineering function for DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Verify manufacturing capability regarding compliance to drawings, engineering specifications & manufacturing capacity.
- Develop the company to ensure quality, cost and delivery requirements are understood and achieved throughout the new project introduction process from production concept into serial production.
- Implement corrective and preventative action for concerns within the new product introduction phases (including product suppliers).
- Undertake continuous improvement to improve Quality, Cost & Delivery performance.
Experience / Skills / Personal Attributes
- First-hand knowledge / experience of implementing mechanical assembly techniques and processes
- Fully understand engineering drawings & engineering specifications.
- First-hand knowledge / experience of implementing of metal forming - pressing
- Experience in effective using Automotive sector core tools: - APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, PPAP & SPC.
- Proven problem-solving skills / quality tools (ideally 6 sigma trained)
- Self-starter works pro-actively with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills to build equipment supplier relationships
Closing Date : We are looking to set up first interviews within the last two weeks of June with second interviews within a week following that. An offer to the successful applicant will be made within 3 days of second interview.
Other titles : Production Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer, Methods Engineer
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82244937