Our client is a long established UPVC window and door manufacturer based in Walsall and we are recruiting for an experienced Factory Manager to lead their team in Walsall.
This specialist firm makes around 250-300 frames per week, servicing trade window installers, builders, local authorities and housing associates with conventional UPVC window and door products, and premium flush casement solutions.
As the Working Factory Manager you will possess a broad range of fabrication skills and display knowledge of the UPVC Fabrication process. As such you will be able to support most areas of the shop floor whilst being responsible for supervising the daily running of the production department. The main duties include:
* Competent across a broad range of fabrication processes including Prepping, Welding and corner cleaning
* Supervision and leadership to ensure compliance with all company quality standards and accreditations
* Acting as the first point of contact for shop floor staff
* Implementing and controlling the production schedule
* Dealing with staff complaints, queries and resolving problems speedily
* Monitoring quality standards of products
* Implementing and enforcing quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives
* Carrying out tests on faulty products and reporting to ensure cost effective processing and profitable manufacturing
* Being well organised ensuring records are accurately kept using production software
* Monitoring outgoing orders daily with Shortage Order Reporting and feeding back issues to the office
* Ensuring deliveries are booked in and managing the paperwork to allow collections / deliveries to be made
* Controlling the stock within the facility and checking levels daily
* Ensuring the staffing level is maintained at peak times and holidays
* Identifying and reporting machine breakdowns, fixing through to their conclusion
* Possessing a methodical approach to work, a committed attitude and attention to detail
* Keeping up to date with company developments and making it a priority to develop your business knowledge
Hours & Salary
For the role of Working Factory Manager there is a salary on offer between £24,000 to £27,000 per annum, depending on experience. You will work a minimum of 40 hours per week between 7.30am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. You will also be required to work any additional hours facilitated by the job in hand and in accordance with Regulation 4 of the Working Time Regulations 1998.
How to Apply
Please note that Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Factory, manufacturing, production, manager,
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82282607