Supported Living Manger
Supported Living Manager
Learning Disabilities, Supported Living
Nuneaton / Coventry - Warwickshire
Salary up to GBP23,000 PA, plus excellent company benefits
Full time, permanent
Are you currently a Deputy Manager or Team Leader within the Learning Disability or Mental Health sector who is looking for career progression to a manage a team?
Perhaps you are currently managing a learning disability service and looking for a new challenge?
Maybe this is the opportunity for you?????????.?
MRB Health & Social Care Recruitment have an excellent opportunity for a Supported Living Manager, working with a very reputable organisation. Their aim is to deliver high quality, person centred care, support and enablement for people with learning disabilities and support needs.
They provide support to individuals with learning disabilities, including a wide variety of support needs such as autistic spectrum conditions, mental health support needs and acquired brain injury.
Our client offers residential and supported living services across the country and are continuing to develop and expand its services, across England and Wales. They have many awards and accreditations to their name too - winners for The National Learning Disabilities Award, Great British Care Awards and finalist in the Health Investor Awards, to name a few!
We are looking for a Supported Living Manager to oversee our clients supported living services based in Coventry. The role will be based from Nuneaton and will require travel to services across these locations. The services provide support for adults with learning disabilities.
Due to the travel, applicants must hold a driving license as well as have access to own car.
You will be required to provide clear and structured day to day leadership, management and support to the staff team of approximately 15, to ensure the highest quality of service is delivered and to achieve positive outcomes for the service users. You will also proactively assist in seeking out new opportunities for growth and development of the service whilst protecting and safeguarding the company's values and culture
Reporting to the Area Manager for the region, the Supported Living Manager will not be expected to be the Registered Manager for this service, as this will be the responsibility of the Area Manager.
It is NOT essential for applicants to have been a Registered Manager of a service to apply for this role. Our client is open to applications from Team Leaders, Supervisors and Deputy Managers.
As a Supported Living Manager, you will be required to:
- Oversee the service, and the staff team, delivering support to individuals with learning disabilities, mental health support needs, challenging behaviours etc
- Work closely with the Area Manager for the region.
- Attend interviews for potential new packages of care
- Ensure service users receive their commissioned hours and manage the delivery of these hours in line with service users' needs and preferences
- Staff managements such as supervisions, training, recruitment, attendance, poor performance etc
- Have previous experience of working with adults with learning disabilities at Manager, Supervisory, Deputy OR Team Leader level within a residential OR supported living environment.
- Ability to make a positive change to the lives of individuals in the service
- Provide guidance and support to your team to ensure the highest levels of care and support are provided to your residents.
- Have a thorough understanding of CQC regulations and requirements, safeguarding and care plans
- Hold a minimum of NVQ level 3, or be working to towards this qualification.
Look at some of the fantastic company benefits our client offers:
- Induction plan for new starters, as well further ongoing training and development opportunities
- Childcare Vouchers
- Healthcare scheme
- Free DBS checks
- Individual Group Pension Scheme
- Annual Leave entitlement (minimum 20 days, maximum 25 days) plus bank holidays
If you are interested in taking up a new job as a Supported Living Manager, please email your cv immediately quoting reference MB - Supported Living Manager - Nuneaton and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss your application.