Perthyn Belonging has an opportunity for Support Workers to join our team based in Brecon. Joining us on a full time or part time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of GBP15,581 - GBP16,423 per annum (GBP7.86 - GBP8.29 per hour) plus excellent benefits.
Excellent benefits we offer our Support Worker:
- Rotas that are issued 4 - 6 weeks in advance, with shifts equally shared amongst staff teams
- Full and comprehensive training
- The opportunity to complete a QCF Level 2 in Health and Social Care
- Generous holiday entitlement (up to 34 days leave per annum)
- Progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Family friendly policies (including Childcare Voucher Scheme)
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Pension scheme
We are recruiting Support Workers to work as part of a team to consistently deliver person centred services for people with a learning disability and take responsibility for supporting them with the development of individual plans and in positive risk taking.
Key responsibilities of our Support Worker:
- Outgoing and enthusiastic and want to join an organisation which has a record of delivering high quality services for adults with learning disabilities
- Support adults with a learning disability and challenging behaviour to develop skills in all aspects of daily living, social & leisure activities at home & in the community
- Able to work a rangeof shifts including mornings, days, afternoons, evenings, nights, wakefuls and sleep ins
Skills, knowledge and experience required by our Support Worker:
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities desirable but not essential
- Demonstrate the ability to develop people's basic life skills e.g. cooking, cleaning, budgeting, shopping etc.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence and be able to support individuals in the community through the use of own vehicle, or individuals' mobility cars
Perthyn, formed in 2002, is a not for profit organisation and a registered charity firmly established in Wales, Shropshire, and the East Midlands. We have a record of delivering high quality services for adults with learning disabilities.
If you are compassionate and kind hearted with a desire to help others, we'd love to hear from you. Please apply now to join our team as our Support Worker.
Perthyn's Applicant Privacy Notice is available on our website under Career Opportunities. It applies to all applicants and it describes how we collect and use your personal data throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the General Data Protection (GDPR).