Data Protection Assistant
Job Title: Data Protection Assistant
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract (6 months)
Hours: Full time 37.5
Salary: GBPCompetitive + Company Benefits
The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for the management of the data cleanse processes across the People Services Teams to ensure that all files, systems and processes meet the requirements of the GDPR and data protection legislation and employee lifecycle process maps are produced for each process.
The role will manage, oversee and track all Subject Access Requests (SAR) received by the People Services teams in order to ensure compliance with GDPR and associated legislative requirements.
- To be the Brand Champion for creating high level awareness of GDPR and related data protection legislation- ensuring that all appropriate colleagues across the People Services teams understand their responsibilities in relation to SAR and H&B employee SAR procedures.
- To process all employee SAR's in accordance with the H&B employee SAR process and General Data Protection legislation.
- Liaising with internal H&B officers/teams including Legal and Compliance, Corporate Governance and IT as may be required, reviewing each SAR as appropriate within legislative requirements
- Manage all lifecycle of SAR requests for employee personal data held within other systems within the organisation ensuring compliance with GDPR timeframes.
- To contribute to the development of employee SAR procedures in order to increase awareness and ensure adherence to legislation.
- Facilitate any ad hoc investigations in association with any legal, ICO or litigation actions/proceedings/complaints that may take place.
- Proactively address queries/complaints and respond to the identification of and resolution of data quality issues.
- Review all internal forms and continue to review employee processes across the People Services team to ensure they meet GDPR and associated legislative requirements.
- Produce and provide detailed analysis and MI data for all SAR data requests measuring the effectiveness of the processes, and any necessary improvements.
- Manage the data cleanse process of all files, systems and processes (including archived files and storage) in accordance with GDPR regulations across the People Services team as necessary and ensuring that employee lifecycle process maps are in place that reflect internal HR processes .
- To work with IT to ensure that appropriate system safeguards are in place for the management of employee data and information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate privacy issues and handle complex information clearly and appropriately for the needs of the audience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across the organisation working to ensure deadlines and priorities are delivered and good working relationships are maintained.
- Ability to be able to prioritise and manage multiple projects across the People Services team, adhering to deadlines as appropriate
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of GDPR and associated legislation
- Excellent knowledge of SAR processes and procedures
- Legislative updates in relation to GDPR
- Excellent knowledge of Data Protection legislation and a Data Protection qualification would be an advantage.
- Proficient in process mapping applications (Visio and similar )
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office systems
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go???