Tutors required in Burton area!
Teaching Personnel are looking for 1:1 tutors to work with Looked After Pupils who present with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties and in particular, Attachment Disorders. In particular we have a number of referrals in the South Derbyshire areas (Burton and Swadlincote specifically).
The roles are variable and can be for pupils who present with a range of SEN including SEMH, ASC and complex needs. The hours are flexible depending on the student's needs and how engaged with their education they currently are.
The students have low self-esteem so your role as a tutor will be to provide pastoral support and to act as a positive role model to help student's build confidence and re-engage in their education.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- A Teacher with either QTS or PTLLS/DTLLS qualifications
- Experience working with SEN pupils, in particular with those who have Attachment Disorder and have experience trauma
- Confident to work on a 1:1 basis with students who may be very disengaged from education
- Able to liaise with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that progress is tracked on a regular basis
- Someone who is able to boost self-esteem as well as help students to make academic progress
For additional information about this role, please contact Emma Gale on as soon as possible.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.