If so, this could be the job for you.
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Support Workers to provide the highest quality of care and support to our service users in Nuneaton, Bedworth and the surrounding local areas of Coventry.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, flexibility with your rota to fit around your life, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager. We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends.
Apply now to find out more.What can you expect from your Supporting Role?
As a Newcross Support Worker, you will be providing life-enhancing care to our service users enabling them to lead the life that they choose.
It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with our service users living with physical or learning disabilities.
Each individual experiences different challenges due to their physical impairment or learning difficulty. You will be delivering personalised care in accordance with each service user's unique care plan, with a mindful approach to protecting the dignity and promoting the independence of each individual.Skills & Opportunities
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work. This could include training in Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
With Newcross you could also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
If you want to develop in your career this could be the opportunity for you.What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to GBP12.23/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check and uniform, cost refunded after initial period
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
We offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to develop in their role, learn new skills and progress further in their career.
We are not a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving you the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours so you can have the work-life balance that suits you.What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a supporting role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Your local Team
Located in the West Midlands of England, Newcross Healthcare's Coventry branch provides qualified nurses, care assistants and care workers to the surrounding region.
The branch is based in the Cobalt Centre on Middlemarch Business Park close to the airport.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions are committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing contained within this job advertisement is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.