HOPPECKE is the largest European owned industrial battery manufacturer; a highly respected private business with subsidiaries, representative offices, partners and distributors, production and assembly facilities worldwide. The Group has more than 1,950 employees and generates turnover of over €400 million.
HOPPECKE serves four principal areas of application: emission-free drives (Trak), secured power supply (Grid), storage of regenerative energies (Sun) and railway and metro-systems (Rail). With the development of safe, forward-looking energy storage solutions, the Company makes an important contribution to solving the societal challenges resulting from the implementation of global climate protection goals.
HOPPECKE has had a presence in the UK since the 1980s, centred in Newcastle-under-Lyme. They now seek a new Managing Director to lead the growth and development of the UK subsidiary. You will have the following responsibilities:
- P&L for UK technical and commercial operations working principally with Motive Power, Reserve Power and Special Power applications; as well as a significant service capability.
- Leadership and development of the team in the UK.
- Driving operational excellence and efficiency.
- Directing national accounts for OEM or large end users.
- Providing strategic direction for long term business development.
- Owning the UK growth plan and reporting to the parent Group in Germany.
- Representation of HOPPECKE UK at international Group meetings.
You will be well educated and have strong sales orientation for technical products, systems and service applications. Your experience is likely to have involved operational, commercial and strategic oversight in small to medium size assembly operations at Managing Director level. An understanding of operating in an international matrix structure with national P&L responsibility will be welcome. German language skills would be an advantage.
HOPPECKE offer an excellent base salary and executive package.
The role will report to the Head of Business Unit in Germany.
The preferred method of application is online at www.berwickpartners.co.uk/68569
If you are unable to apply online please email your application to email@example.com
All applications will receive an automated response.
If you have any queries or would like more information please contact:
D: +44 121 654 5920