Payroll & Finance Assistant
Employer West Bromwich African Caribbean African Caribbean Resource Centre
PostPayroll and Finance Assistant
Salary: £7052 per annum for 16 hours per week (Part Time)
Ref CAF PFA
This is a new post funded for 1 year with a possible further year extension and we are seeking a suitably qualified and competent individual to add to our finance team working within a busy local Charity
Provide payroll and accounts support within a finance office supporting a busy charity working within a small team Reporting to the Senior Finance Officer
You will need to hold the AAT to intermediate or finalist level.
A minimum of 2-year experience of working within a payroll environment
Excellent finance skills in particular payroll administration and the ability to use Microsoft office suite packages including excel and word and outlook
Primary responsibility is to assist with monthly wages and take ownership of payroll processing across the charity and its subsidiary, Club Carib Ltd, adhering to strict deadlines and submitting timely and accurate HMRC submissions, complying with legislative requirements around PAYE, pensions and DWP returns.
- Primary responsibility is to assist with monthly wages and take ownership of payroll processing across the charity and its subsidiary, Club Carib Ltd, adhering to strict deadlines and submitting timely and accurate HMRC submissions, complying with legislative requirements around PAYE, pensions and DWP returns.
- Calculating payroll amendments including holiday, SSP, SMP, SAP, travel expenses
- Resolving any payroll queries from staff
- Accurate book keeping and daily cash and bank reconciliations, cover for Finance Officer during periods of annual leave and absence.
- Handling of all cash, bacs, cheque receipts and accurate allocation to client accounts. Improve the timely collection of debt
- Dealing with Petty cash
- Handling customer and supplier queries and resolving anomalies.
- Support the finance department to produce finance reports to the board of trustees and Chief Executive, including quarterly management accounts, cash flow forecasts and budget monitoring actuals V budgeted
- Support the CEO and divisional managers in finance related elements of funding applications
- Research suppliers cost, receive quotes and make recommendations for alternative providers.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as determined by the Senior Finance Officer
How to Apply
Please submit a CV via the email address listed
All suitable applicants will receive an application pack along with the full job description and specification via email.
Closing Date for applications - Friday 17th August 2018 - 12 noon.
Friday 17th August 2018