A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK with a turnover of £1.3 billion and over 8,200 employees in total across all of their divisions in England and Wales.
With more than 50 years’ experience within the wholesale sector, Blakemore Wholesale Distribution is one of the UK’s leading delivered wholesalers.
The business has a diverse range of customers across the UK, servicing multiple and independent retailers, forecourts, vending operators, fellow wholesalers plus education, leisure and hospitality sites.
Position: Distribution Manager
Location: Darlaston, West Midlands, WS10 8LQ
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday with a Saturday on rota basis
Salary: circa £30,000 per annum
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing date: August 11, 2018
About the role:
The Distribution Manager oversees the organisation and control of efficient and profitable transport operations in order to provide a high-quality service to the customer, whilst working within the constraints of company policy and relevant legal requirements.
- Ensure adherence to / review of operational systems and procedures (to include maintenance) and implementation of continuous improvements where necessary
- Ensure legal compliance and adherence to company policy, systems and procedures, with particular reference to food safety, health and safety, security, the environment and employment law and tachograph regulations
- Ensure all company and legally required documentation is obtained (to include all training records)
- The control of scheduling, deliveries and transport administration
- Generate and monitor KPI’s and ensure all key metrics are achieved or surpassed.
- Generate monthly data pack and board paper relating to transport / distribution activity
- Creation of tender documentation for future proposals
- To champion process management and standardisation in order to eliminate wastage and drive efficiency
- To learn the daily scheduling process in order to provide cover for Transport Team Leader, and their duties, in their absence
- Assisting with the preparation of operational budgets
- The control of operational costs in accordance with agreed budgets
- Control of purchasing, maintenance and servicing of all equipment and vehicles
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy) essential
- National CPC Qualification is essential, as well as knowledge of driver CPC and tachograph regulations
- IOSH qualification is desirable
- Demonstrable experience in people and process management is essential
- Experience in Warehousing and Distribution is essential
- Strong organisational and planning skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to teams
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with a diverse range of people
- Experience in managing costs and resources
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Flexible approach to working hours Challenges appropriately and identifies areas for improvement.
You may have experience of the following: Transport Manager, Distribution Manager, Operations Manager, Multi Drop, CPC, Certificate of Professional Competence, Distribution, Logistics, Supply Chain, Distribution Planning etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.