Quality Control Director - Engineering
Salary: GBP70,000 per annum, plus benefits
Location: North Staffordshire
Due to planned expansion, a well-established, global engineering systems builder has an excellent opportunity for an experienced and accomplished Quality Control Director to take a lead role in this exciting phase of the company's development.
Ideally coming from a Precision Engineering/Automotive/Aerospace manufacturing operation, you will be a hands-on quality professional who possesses an expert and practical orientated approach.
Based in North Staffordshire, you will lead and support all quality related activities to ensure that their processes, procedures and products meet the exacting quality standards required in serving customers worldwide.
About the role:
- Leading and managing the quality function ensuring that the customer receives the product to the highest standard
- Supporting current challenges in reviewing and defining where required operating procedures from a systems and process perspective.
- Driving continuous improvements by establishing quality objectives that are monitored, analysed and regularly reviewed
- Facilitating and supporting Internal & External Audits as well as assessment / audit of sub-contractors and required actions are executed
- Supporting business development and bid compliance, including customer quality acceptance criteria
- Working to prevent non-conformances, customer complaints, concession and rework by continually developing the Quality capability across the business.
- Degree qualification, in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science
- Recognised qualification in Quality Management Systems
- 5+ years' of quality and systems experience operating at senior level
- Significant Precision Engineering, Automotive or Aerospace manufacturing experience, preferably to include composite products.
- Experience of ISO9001 and/or EN AS9100 Quality Management System and proven Quality improvement projects using industry standard tools and techniques
- Able to initiate and lead change; deliver tangible results and demonstrate toughness under pressure
- Computer literate, Windows based with data compilation and analysis competency
- Practical and positive with a flexible and conscientious "get it done" approach to workload
- Communicates with impact and clarity; assertive and influential; builds effective and supportive working and business relationships
- Commutable distance to North Staffordshire - (assistance available for the right candidate)
If you are looking for a high-profile and visible leadership position, offering challenge, job satisfaction with a forward thinking, progressive and profitable Company, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Sounds interesting? Click APPLY now.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including; Quality Control Director, Quality Assurance Director, Quality Management, Mechanical Engineer, Materials Science, Quality Manager, Automotive, Aerospace, Quality Director, may also be considered for this role.