Business Development Manager - Pharmaceutical Ingredients
Our Client is a Specialty Chemicals and Ingredients Supplier. Their Pharmaceutical Division supplies raw materials and ingredients to manufacturers of pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, veterinarian, medical and supplement products.
They are now seeking a Business Development Manager - Pharmaceutical Ingredients. This position will report to the Sales Director. Location within the UK is flexiblewith regular travel throughout the UK and Ireland.
- Using market knowledge and customer feedback, identify potential product portfolio gaps in line with the company sales and marketing strategy
- Identify and implement activity to optimise sales and profit for the UK business through execution of sales strategies and tactics
- Work directly with the Sales Director to develop, manage, and grow new business opportunities within the UK
- Manage day-to-day operations for customers throughout the UK and Ireland, with objectives of customer development, new business development, and tangible sales and margin growth.
- Develop, present and deliver opportunities and range review activities for customers in conjunction with the Marketing team. This will include the existing API portfolio and New Product Development lines where your interface is critical to ensuring other areas of the business can achieve the goals for your accounts
- Plan and suggest how to best heighten the awareness of the client and the product / service offering in given geography
- Communicate effectively with other areas of the business in terms of new product ideas, timelines for introduction of new products and customer feedback including quality
- Identify and share information on market trends, competitor activity and pricing activity to relevant parties inside the business
- Assist with setting the annual budget numbers, sales, margin and relevant costs. As a member of the sales team, contribute to overall budget process by creating sales and margin targets and input to marketing development plans
- Log customer interaction within a Contact Report to be shared when required with senior management
- Report on progress against plan on a monthly basis, raise potential issues with suggestions of solutions on a case by case basis. Ensure these are managed promptly and with tact and diplomacy both internally and externally
- Be an integral part of the UK business team, contributing day-to-day to the overall direction, processes and continuous improvement culture to build the long term health of the business
- Travelling within UK and Ireland on account visits, team meetings and supplier training and meetings.
Qualifications / Experience
- Educated to BSc level or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline
- Relevant pharmaceutical industry experience including Account Management / Business Development experience within Pharmaceutical Ingredients
- A self-driven, tenacious and enthusiastic individual who is capable of converting and exploiting new opportunities within the existing and potential customer portfolio
- Proven track record of successful Key Account Management delivery across multiple clients
- Excellent communication skills
- Good business acumen and strong negotiating skills
- Customer Service mind-set
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Territory planning to ensure complete coverage of sales area
- Demonstrable track record of exceeding client KPI's
- Ability to drive increased revenue within sales territory
- Driving Licence
In return our client is offering a basic salary of GBP47,000 - GBP52,000 per annum; (salary is negotiable dependent on experience); plus benefits, including a company car / car allowance and a performance related bonus scheme.
Please send your C.V and covering letter to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.