Learning Disabilities Support Worker
We have several flexible vacancies for Learning Disabilities Support Workers to deliver the highest quality of care and to support to our service users in Church Stretton and the surrounding suburbs through our Shrewsbury branch .
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, choose your rota to fit around your life with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager. We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights to evenings and weekends.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.
Your Caring Role
Our clients live with varying learning disabilities and/or autism, so we are seeking individuals with previous professional experience in a similar role. You will be confident in your ability to deliver personalised care with a mindful approach, placing the service user's well-being at the centre of all you do.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Unlike an agency, we focus on nurturing and rewarding great members of staff. We offer permanent jobs with all the flexibility to maintain a great work / life balance. Enjoy a permanent contract, guaranteed hours and free training with us.
As a successful candidate you will benefit from
- Salary of up to GBP12.23/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Agreed mileage expenses for most clients
- Criminal record (DBS) check refunded after initial period
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download timesheets and receive payslips
- One-to-one relationship with a dedicated service manager
- Ongoing training and development through our training credits scheme
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
Why Join the Newcross Team?
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
To apply to this role you will need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your Local Team
Newcross Healthcare Shrewsbury is located in Shrewsbury Business Park, near Percy Throwers Garden Centre and Shrewsbury Town Football Ground.
We cover areas such from Whitchurch, Telford, Ludlow, Newtown and all towns in between.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.