Highfield Professional Solutions are pleased to be representing a market leading Water Technology company. They are currently looking for an experienced Product Manager to join their growing team in Stoke-on-Trent.
What will I be doing?
The Product Manager is responsible for the entire product life cycle management of a given number of our products. You will manage the SSP (Standard Solutions Platform) products in line with market expectations and customers feedback (in cooperation with the Business Lines and VWT Marketing Strategy to lead the standardisation process). You will be responsible for the whole design to cost process to secure the best competitiveness possible and the whole technical documentation attached to the product. You will lead the technical development when needed to improve the product portfolio, and prepare monthly reports on activity progress.
Responsibilities will include;
- Product coordination inside SSP, between SSP production and Technical Department and between the Business Unit and SSP.
- Promotion and training on the products for our customers and Business Units in cooperation with Aquademy and VWT Regions
- Contact point for the business units and research centre if applicable. For general feedback, technical assistance, return of experience, and product promotion.
- TPPs (Technical Project Proposal) execution and fererenced for industrialisation when applicable.
- Support on quotation request and projects to check feasibility of a modified unit or bring design expertise to customer service.
- Technical documentation improvement for sales and technical documents to better inform our customers and for manufacturing units to ease production. As well as for design and development to deeply understand the technical aspects of the products.
- Maintenance & use of specific product System Design Programs for process design, sizing and costing of products.
- Data Management System handling (Aquapart)
- Follow SSP internal rules with Sharepoint Templates (ECOs (Engineering Change Orders), Timesheets, Quality TD Instructions and records???)
- Product cost control (BOM, competitiveness)
- Manage and follow the TPP or development project budgets.
- Keep SSP products as competitive as possible, considering investments in new tools, or any innovative solution to keep cost low.
- Design products in accordance with safety rules
- Prepare the CE marking file for the SSP products under your responsibility.
- Qualified to degree level preferably with a relevant Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Experience and skills in Process Water treatment (Chemical Process, Hydraulic, Mechanical resistance, Engineering)
- Experience and/or interest for product management (Market understanding, Product Life Cycle, Standardization)
- Experience of project management is desirable.
- The ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines is essential.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express information in a clear and concise manner.
- Lateral thinking in order to suggest and produce novel solutions to the challenges of developing new and improved standard solutions.
- Work must be consistently accurate, timely and complete with emphasis on ensuring that SSP maintains technological leadership with its standard solutions.
- Working knowledge of either French, German, Spanish or Mandarin would be desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google would be desirable.
- Ability to focus and retain analytical judgement under pressure of deadlines.
What's in it for me?
A training and development plan will be designed for you as we want you to grow and develop within Veolia; this may include external training as required for the role.
- Competitive salary
- Laptop and phone
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
(*Benefits are based on probation and length of service)
If this role is of interest to you please call Adam on or email