Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
We are recruiting for Field Service Engineer in the insert area. Our client is an independent Materials Handling specialist based in Alcester.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will need to be able to:
- Hold adequate skills in working with hydraulics pumps / cylinders / valve / valve banks / pressure sensors / hoses and connections, pressure testing using gauges, flow meters, digital meters / laptops / tablets, carryout hydraulic valve calibrations
- Follow safe jacking and blocking procedures; selecting and using the correct lifting and blocking equipment (toe / hydraulic jacks & Blocks)
- Correctly use lifting equipment when removing heavy forklift truck components (for example; chains, slings, shackles)
- Follow working at height procedures in compliance with appropriate H&S legislation
- Interpret forklift truck schematic wiring and hydraulic diagrams, flow charts and manufacturer's technical data
- Competently and safely work on electrical, electronic, mechanical and hydraulic systems including: 24/48/80 volt lead acid / Lithium Ion batteries, alternator and mains battery charging systems, fuel cells / electrical / electronic switching wiring and safety circuits / resistance, thyristor, transistor motor control systems, CAN (control area network) electrical braking and wire guidance, RFID (radio frequency identification system) in-aisle identification and navigation systems
- Maintain / install and repair forklift truck telematics systems
- Join electrical components using electrical connectors and soldering, electric and gas weld use
- Identify metal composition and knowledge of fabrication processes
- Operate forklifts for maintenance, testing and manoeuvring purposes
- Salary: GBP28,000 plus overtime
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8am-16:30pm (40 working hours a week)
- Location: Alcester, Warickshire
Role of a Field Service Engineer:
- The forklift truck engineer will be qualified in the maintenance, repair & diagnostics of a diverse range of electrical and mechanical forklifts including; hand pallet trucks, electrical power pallet trucks, electric reach trucks, electric very narrow aisle and man-up / man down warehouse forklifts, electric, LPG (liquid petroleum gas) and diesel powered counterbalance forklifts.
- The forklift truck engineer will carry out a variety of electrical and engineering activities, responding to customer requirements in a demanding industry, adapting to a range of working environments including major overhaul and repair centres / customer site based or field service engineer working within a geographical area. This requires the engineer to possess multi-skills, knowledge, and safe working practices with environmental awareness. Maintenance and diagnostic abilities to skilled level in electrical, electronic, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction with minimised loss in production, additional skills would include information technology (IT) truck software diagnosis / calibration, parameter adjustment and setting to comply with manufactures specifications and health & safety legislation.
Benefits of working with us as a Field Service Engineer:
- 22 days Holiday
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) / Management Discretion
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Service van
- telephone/PDA & OEM training
If you are interested in the above role, please click apply